Data Visualisation Using Tableau (Intermediate) (Live Stream)
Tableau is the fastest growing interactive data visualisation software used in the Business Intelligence industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into an easy-to-understand format. Tableau is also able to connect and extract the data stored in various places. It can pull data from any platform imaginable, from excel and pdf to a complex database like Oracle and Amazon webs services. The great thing about Tableau is that it doesn’t require any technical or any kind of programming skills to operate.
This course is designed to expand your skills and distinguish yourself as a Tableau power user. It’s structured for those who have a working experience with Tableau and want to take it to the next level. You should understand how to build basic worksheets and dashboards but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
- Build advanced chart types and visualisations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data
- Use statistical techniques to analyse your data
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values
- Learn how to implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Combine data sources using data blending
- Make your visualisations perform as well as possible using the data engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices
- Professionals who work with data and are looking to improve their data visualisation skills
- Individuals seeking to gain intermediate knowledge and explore opportunities in Tableau
- Individuals with a keen in Tableau and its capabilities
Basic knowledge on Tableau. Participants are required to bring a laptop.
- Creating and connecting to data sources
- Defining subsets of your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Data extracts
- Comparing measures
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
Data Analyst: Sahil
Sahil is a seasoned data analytics entrepreneur, trainer, consultant, and content creator. His expertise and experience include Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and Support of Business Intelligence, OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing), OLAP, ETL, Data warehousing, DBMS and Data Modeling using SQL Server 2012/2008R2 /2008/2005, Informatica, MSBI, and Pentaho.
To date, Sahil has trained over 500 professionals worldwide on Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Pentaho, Microsoft Business Intelligence, SQL Server, and Informatica. Aside from training, he has also been a consultant for the past seven years and has consulted for numerous businesses in India, USA, Malaysia, and South Africa. His clientele includes RHB Bank and Provant Health Solutions.