Training Needs Analysis
THE IMPORTANCE OF TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS?
Your staff deserves relevant, compelling and effective training that delivers clear and measurable Return On Investment (ROI).
Training Needs Analysis
Training Needs Analysis (TNA) is an important process to conduct prior to launching a training program. The analysis ensures the training is needed, validated, and will provide a solid return on investment for the organization.
How Aventis can help you in Your Training Needs Analysis
Aventis can assist you in developing their corporate training and development plans through the following complimentary services:
- Identification of training needs within an organisation while keeping in mind the corporate integration of direction and dynamics
- Matching of training needs with our pool of qualified trainers to design customised training programmes
- Adaptation and tailoring of existing training programmes to fit the organisation’s work schedules
Our first step in creating online learning is to complete a thorough Needs Analysis. This helps us establish accurate blueprints for your training project including current knowledge, skills, training goals and specific requirements.
Get a FREE Training Needs Analysis Consultation
If you’re not sure where to start, but you know you need training for your organization, contact us for a free training needs consultation
WHAT’S A Training NEEDS ANALYSIS CONSULTATION?
A Training Need Analysis consultation will include identifying key challenges and objectives to determine the specific requirement of the training.
Our TNA Consultant will work with you side by side with you to determine the best approach to your training project by reviewing what you need. We begin projects with an in-depth assessment of your organization’s pain points and knowledge gaps. We call this process Training Needs Analysis Consulting.
After we pinpoint the true needs and learning objectives, we proceed to develop effective training that produces positive results. We will provide you with the findings and what approaches would work best for your custom learning project.
Aventis Approach to Training Needs Analysis
The ADDIE model of needs assessment is a well-known framework in training and development and educational settings. ADDIE stands for Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation (Rothwell and Kazanas, 2008). Rothwell and Kazanas (2008) interpret the ADDIE model by describing a series of seven steps to complete the needs assessment.
The following steps will provide the basis for completing our needs assessment. If the assessment results in a recommendation for training, additional instructional design techniques should be employed to ensure the training program meets the needs identified in the analysis process.
The following seven steps and subsequent questions provide a guideline for trainers to adapt the model to their particular industry.
- Objectives of the Needs Assessment: What do you want to learn from the needs assessment?
- Target Audience: Who are the potential learners?
- Sampling Procedures: How will a small representative group be identified to participate in the needs assessment?
- Data Collection Methods: Is the method appropriate for investigating the performance problem?
- Specifications for instruments and protocols: What instruments should I use to collect data? For example: questionnaires, interview guides, observation guides, tests
- Methods of data analysis: How will collected information be analyzed?
- Assessing the feasibility of the Needs Assessment Plan: Is it workable in the organizational culture?
Relevant Expertise. Strong Track Record across Asia
With over a decade of experience delivering enterprise learning solutions to over 500 companies across Asia, our team of Training consultants is well equipped to determine the best approach to reaching your learning goals. As a Multi-Award Winning training consultancy, we strive to ensure our consultative practices meet your expectation and specific needs.