Getting to a Yes: Negotiate Like a Lawyer
Your Challenge : Going unprepared, lack of confidence & too rigid for a negotiation We all negotiate every day, whether we realize it or not. Yet few people are ever taught how to negotiate. And if we do learn how to negotiate on the job, we probably learn from someone who practices the traditional adversarial approach. This old school, win-lose approach is only suitable for one-off negotiations.
Our Solution : Immediate Toolkits to Let you Hit the Ground Running
The much talked about win-win is rare, but win-win negotiators know how to achieve it more often than not. Let Business Negotiation Guru, Mr. David Goldwich help you to understand the characteristics of win-win negotiators.
- distinguish interest from positions & learn how to identify hidden interests
- create options & packages to maximize the chances for a win-win outcome
- develop negotiating power even when your position is weak
- use anchor points to your advantage
- develop a powerful plan B so you cannot lose
- use an 8 step checklist to systematically prepare for any negotiation
Immediate Impact : Practical Checklist & Worksheets
“I learned a lot from David’s teaching. I am shy and passive but he gives lots of encouragement. I really appreciate it.”
– Ms Emilyn, Purchasing Manager
“David knew the methodology well and kept us entertained throughout the course! Vital topics were captured. Loved the session!”
– Ms Razeena, C.S Manager
Aventis Master Trainer: Mr. David Goldwich
David Goldwich was born and raised in Miami, Florida, USA. He has a BA degree in Political Science with a focus on Political Communication, Organisation Theory, and Psychology. He has an MBA with a specialisation in Business Management and Organisation and also earned a JD degree. David practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, and is trained as a mediator. He has experience managing small businesses as well.
David began lecturing and training in 1995. He has taught at the tertiary level in the USA and in Singapore, teaching in the areas of law, management, organisational behavior, communications skills, and critical and creative thinking.
David seeks to apply the “80/20 Rule” to training by identifying the few critical tools necessary for the greatest improvement and presenting them in a form that is simple to learn and simple to use. He uses the psychology of learning and NLP in all of his material to provide delegates with the visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and participatory experiences required for better, faster learning. David’s ability, sense of humour, and wealth of experience enable him to deliver breakthrough changes at all levels.
1) Creating Value in Negotiations
- negotiation multiple issues : it isn’t just about price!
- integrative & distributive approaches
2) Win-win Negotiating Behaviors
- thinking out of the box
- persuasion, questions & justification
- active & empathetic listening
3) Your Negotiating Power
- First offer & counter-offers
- Finding your negotiating power : when you think you don’t have any!
4) Your 8 steps negotiation checklist