Mastering the Art and Discipline of Business Storytelling
Do you wish to emotionally connect with your team & customers? Influence decision-making processes, and reduce resistance to changes? Inspire and instil trust & commitment to goals & values? Be able to effectively deliver messages, lead and motivate interdepartmental co-operation?
More than just a Fairy-Tale
Successful business leaders are able to take their audience and stakeholders on a journey, leaving them inspired and motivated. But getting your ideas across and keeping your audience engaged throughout is tricky. When mastered, storytelling can be a powerful communication and organisational tool.
Presenting a 1 Day Storytelling for Business Workshop by none others then the Godmother of Storytelling – Ms Sheila Wee
Gain powerful insights from the Godmother of Singapore Storytelling, Ms. Sheila Wee on how you can use simple storytelling techniques to deliver a presentation that captivates your audiences.
Sheila Wee is a professional storyteller, storytelling trainer and story consultant. Due to her work to pioneer the movement to revive the use of storytelling in Singapore, she has been described as a Godmother of Singapore storytelling. She co-founded Singapore’s first professional storytelling company and has taught or mentored almost all of the storytellers now working in Singapore. She has been an active Executive Committee Member of the Storytelling Association (Singapore) since it was founded in 2006, taking on roles such as Vice-President and President.
Sheila teaches storytelling skills and conducts training in the use of storytelling as an organisational tool across many different sectors. Her highly practical workshops have garnered consistently high ratings from participants. Her workshop clients include, ST Electronics (Centre for Management Development), Singapore Management University (Faculty), Ministry of Education, Public Service Commission, Singapore Press Holdings, Integrative (CSR) Consulting [for public workshops], Sentosa Development Corporation, Resorts World Sentosa, and the National Gallery of Singapore.
Capture the hearts & minds of your audiences
Learn how leaders can use the right story at the right time to inspire change, overcome challenges , bring people together and spark action.
Benefits to you and your organization
Filled with a whole myriad illustrative examples and how-to techniques, this workshop will clearly explains how you can learn to tell the right story at the right time. If you are a Department head, manager, supervisor, marketing & sales professional, entrepreneur, business leader, or simply someone who is interested in the use of storytelling in organisations. This is a not to be missed workshop.
- Usage of stories to build trust and impart corporate values
- Know how to use stories to build trust in you and to connect positively with your staff and clients
- Be able to make use of effective strategies for preparing, telling and sharing stories, so you won’t fumble when it matters
- Have had the opportunity to practise telling your own stories in a supportive and safe environment, and build confidence in yourself
Learn Simple to Apply Storytelling Tips to Wow your Audience
- The art and science of storytelling
- The power of storytelling as a communication tool
- How Storytelling is being used in organisations
- Guidelines for telling stories in organisational settings
- Understanding story architecture to tell more effective stories
- Understanding what makes a story effective in organisational settings
- How to use stories to build trust in yourself and connect with your staff or clients
- The use of storytelling to transmit organisational values and messages
- How to choose, prepare and effectively tell a story
- An introduction to the six elements of vocal expression
“Sheila is an outstanding and humorous Storytelling Expert. It is my honour to be able to learn from her. Simply great!”
– Ken Wong, CEO of ProActive Training & Education, Singapore
“Sheila is a resourceful and genuine person. Thoroughly professional and coupled with a pleasant personality, she makes a great coach.”
– James Long, Head of Science, North View Primary School, Singapore
“We greatly appreciated the very engaging and captivating sessions with the participants. The participants clearly enjoyed and benefited from your sessions as reflected in the numerous times that “Storytelling” was highlighted in the conference evaluation.”
– Tan-Kek Lee Yong, Deputy Director, Psychological and Guidance Services Branch, Ministry of Education, Singapore.
Registration Closing Soon ! Don’t Miss it
Date: 28 Jun (Tue)
Time: 9am – 5pm
100 Orchard Road
Inclusive of 1 buffet lunch and 2 light refreshments
Ms. Amelia Lim
6720-3333 | phone
6720-2222 | fax
|Register Online Here >> Click Here|
|Or Download Hard Copy Registration Form >> Click Here|