Workforce Transformation 4.0
In today’s age of disruption, jobs must be reinvented rather than eliminated as human talent and expertise are still considered to be crucial and essential. To remain relevant in our highly competitive economy, progressive businesses must continuously adapt their practices to remain relevant, productive and profitable. For instance, machines and automation should be an enabler for people to drive new procedures in operational efficiency and energy efficiency, breathing new life into traditional workflows and empowering the human workforce. These intelligent new technologies will require organisations to upskill human operators in order to drive the change.
In this interactive one-day course, you will explore upcoming trends affecting the future of work including key technologies shaping the future economy. Various concepts of job redesign and its processes including available grants such as WorkPro’s Job Redesign Grant, Enhanced Work-Life Grant for Flexible Work Arrangements, Inclusive Growth Programme (IGP), Capability Development Grant (CDG), and Job Redesign Rider will be covered as well.
In this 1-day course, you will:
- Identify your current stage of workforce 4.0 Readiness and receive detailed recommendations on how you can advance in your transformation journey
- Identify and adopt a contextual job redesign plan that is immediately applicable
- Develop resilience, adaptability and a future-ready mindset for your organisation
- Alter job elements and mobility at the workplace to increase employee engagement, efficiency, improved quality and higher organisational branding
- Evaluate job redesign systems to meet organisational goals and objectives
- Restructure tasks and job scope to maximise opportunities for staff/employees to grow and take on more fulfilling roles
- Mid to senior level HR practitioners
- Business owners and leaders
- Trainers and consultants
- Individuals with an interest in job redesigning to retain employees
- The future work orientation and how it affects our workforce
- The emergence of the “gig economy” and “flexible workforce”
- Benefits of Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Practical application of FWA
- Changing mindsets – moving work from time focus to task focus
- Case studies and best practices of companies who have successfully re-designed their workforce and are future-ready
- Practical discussions: Participants are encouraged to bring along their proposal on FWA
- Proposing policies and principles to make FWA work
- Deciding on an implementation plan
- Job re-designing tasks where FWA is not applicable
Organisational Development Specialist: Adrian Wong
For the past 30 years, Adrian has been in senior positions in diverse industries including information media, manufacturing, industrial, and logistics. Some of the roles he has been in includes Senior Associate Consultant at SHRI Corporation, Senior HR Advisor at PSB Academy, and Corporate HR Director at Mcgraw-Hill. His passion as an HR practitioner and trainer has brought him around Asia Pacific.
Adrian’s areas of expertise include strategic HR management, performance management, compensation and benefits management, talent management, change management, training and development, process management, quality and safety, and industrial engineering. He is also passionate about coaching companies and leaders in their talent development space, in bringing about change culture and efficiency in mergers and acquisition.