Updated Guide to GST & Zero-Rating Tax Savings for International Services & Exports
Don't Miss Maximising Your Input Tax Credits & Tax Savings
GST: Zero-Rating for International Services & Exports
With effect from 1 Jan 2020, the zero-rating of services under these provisions is extended to services which directly benefit a GST-registered person belonging in Singapore, provided all other conditions specified in the provisions are satisfied. You can zero-rate your supply of services (i.e. charge GST at 0%) only if it falls within the description of international services under Section 21(3) of the GST Act.
Submit Your Zero-Rate GST Return Accurately & enjoy Maximum Tax Credit & Savings
Your services are considered international services, which are zero-rated (i.e. GST is charged at 0%), if they fall within the provisions under Section 21(3) of the GST Act. Depending on the nature of your services, you may be required to determine your customer’s belonging status (i.e. whether the customer is a local or an overseas entity) before your supply of services can be zero-rated.
0% of GST can be charged for your supply of goods when you are certain that at the point of supply (based on the time of supply for exports) :
- The goods supplied will be exported or have been exported; and
- You have the required documents to support zero-rating.
Don’t be Confused By Zero-Rated Supplies, Output Tax And Claiming Input Tax Credits. Get the Professional Help You Need in this Workshop
This highly insightful workshop is designed to equip you with the knowledge on when to zero-rate their supply of services and goods. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to determine whether your service qualifies as an international service and can thus be zero-rated. You will also be able to determine whether your export sales can be zero-rated and what supporting export documents should be maintained.
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to determine whether your service qualifies as an international service and can thus be zero-rated under Section 21(3) of the the GST Act. You will also be able to determine whether your export sales can be zero-rated and what supporting export documents should be maintained for both direct and indirect export scenarios.
- Overview of GST & Types of Supply
- Reimbursement vs Disbursement
- Zero-Rating for International Services* under Section 21(3)(a) to (y) of the GST Act
- Latest Changes to International Services* with effect from 1 January 2020
- Zero-Rating for Goods that are exported out of Singapore together with supporting export documents
- Hand-Carried Export Scheme
- Exports for Marine & Shipping Industry
- Out-of-Scope Supplies
* International Services will cover:
- Businesses that provide Consultancy, Management, Engineering or Training services
- Inter-company billing of services to overseas subsidiaries
- Exhibition or Convention Services held in Singapore and Outside of Singapore
- Freight-Forwarding Industry
- Marine & Shipping Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Advertising Industry
Who Should Attend
- Directors, Financial Controllers, Finance Managers, Accounts Managers, Finance/Accounts Executives who wishes to have a deeper understanding of Zero-Rating for International Services and Exports.
- It is a Perfect course For SME, Start-Up owners seeking Hassle free, One-Stop Solution and Best Value Solution for maximum tax savings.
“The trainer is clear and concise. He also shared his wealth of experience to help us understand the subject better. Thank you for the awesome sharing!” Ms Jasmine Loo – Mandom Corporation (S) Pte Ltd
“The instructor was humourous and injected real-life examples into his workshop, making the session both informative and entertaining.” Ms Jade Chen – FTC Corporate & Tax Advisory Pte Ltd
“Information given is very comprehensive, complete and easy to comprehend. Very detailed and informative, particularly to those without accounting and finance background. This course is definitely highly recommended!” Ms Susie Ong – Vopak Terminals Singapore Pte Ltd
Expert Facilitator: Andre Lim – Accredited Tax Practitioner (GST)
A former Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) Senior Tax Officer backed by 6 years of hands-on experience. Andre Lim has more than a decade of public speaking experience.
The Accredited Tax Practitioner has conducted more than 200 seminars and GST training classes with many organisations including Singapore Business Federation (SBF), Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), TAKX Solutions and ACCA Singapore.