Threat, Vulnerability and Risk Assessment Course (TVRA)
The first step of every professional security manager is to understand the threats and risks that might pose harm to those persons and assets that he is charged with his protection. In this course, participants will learn how to look at their operations from the attacker point of view and understand what an attacker looks for while planning an attack. You will learn the difference between a Threat and a Risk and how to measure it in a way that other managers and stakeholders will understand and cooperate with you. Knowing the processes of your organization is sometimes more crucial than understanding how many exits and entrances you have. Processes such as public entrance to a shopping centre are different from the contractor’s entrance to a shipyard- how do they differ, what are the risks, and how do we mitigate those risks?
Valuable Key Takeaways
- Methodology – understanding the process and building blocks of a professional TVRA- Overview of ISO 3100 and FEMA 452
- Threats- understanding the threats to your operations, based on the industry and type of operations. We will cover current threats, and relevant threat scenarios
- Security Domains- aviation, maritime, commercial, hospitality and entertainment, public sector and private corporations
- Mitigation strategies- Technologies, Processes, Procedures, and Training
- Red Teaming – A method for checking for assessing preparedness and measuring the effectiveness of your security investment.
- Regulations and Laws- how international and Local regulations and Laws in different domains (Aviation/ Maritime/ Law Enforcement) impact the process
- What’s Next- A brief introduction to Security Planning and Design
This course incorporates classroom sessions with a Hands- On approach. After lectures in the classroom, students will develop their own reports, based on the knowledge gained in the classroom. Lectures will include case studies, videos, and other visual aids from around the world.
Why Should You Attend?
The course will include case studies and samples from global projects, bringing international experience and best practices to the classroom, exposing the students to various industries and operations.
The course instructor is a globally known security professional with 29 years of experience as a practitioner, instructor and speaker in the region. Being in the Security & Risks Consultancy since 2004 with experience in helping building owners and operators in designing the security systems and procedures for their properties in throughout the region. More than 13 hi-rise buildings, 17 luxury hotels under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Movenpick and Alila, and 16 various projects in his successful project portfolio.