The Art of Persuasion in Writing: How to Influence People and Get What You Want
Persuasive Writing- the Most Lucrative and Important Skill
Cut through the clutter and make every piece of communication easier to read, understand and appreciated. When it comes to persuasive writing (whether they are proposals, reports, newsletters, emails, marketing/sales collaterals, online/blog posts etc), it is about making those words ‘sell’ for you. We are all selling something be it an opinion, an idea, a product or even yourselves. Persuasive writing, hence, can be said to be the art and science of salesmanship. Instead of using your voice, posture and tone, you are leveraging on the power of words to push those hot buttons to trigger a particular emotion in others and inspire them to take specific actions.
Convince Anyone Using a Combination of Logic and Emotions
From this content-packed Workshop, workers and staff will be equipped with powerful techniques of persuasive writing in their day-to-day internal company communications to form closer relationships with their co-workers. Sales & marketing professionals can learn to craft persuasive marketing that will grab your market’s attention, persuade and sell them powerfully. Executives can use persuasion to influence superiors to accept the ideas in their written proposals. In this workshop, you will discover how you can transform any written communication into something truly compelling and persuasive by understanding what your reader really wants.
Immediate Takeaways – Templates, Checklists and Examples
- Proven Psychological triggers that will influence others using written words (even if you have no experiences or haven’t wrote much in your life)
- Learn the difference between normal writing that people don’t pay attention to… versus highly-persuasive writing that influences people to move in your intended direction
- Ways to immediately grab the attention of readers and have them continue reading what you’ve written
- How to ensure your views are understood by people who read what you wrote (especially useful if you are writing a proposal and you want others to accept the ideas/views of what you’ve proposed)
- Secrets to implant fascination into your writing and keep people glued to your written piece
- “Power Impact Words” you must put into your writing to capture people’s attention and interest
- Templates: Get actual examples of written pieces that have been proven to persuade (including pieces that influence deals to close and sales to happen)… followed by ‘fill-in-the-blank’ templates you can use in similar future situations that require persuasion
- How to use ‘relationship-forming’ words & language to create deep emotional connection, establish rapport, bond and trust with another person in your writings
- Tips for busy professionals: How to write quickly yet persuasively if you are strapped for time
- Examples and real-life case studies of the most powerful pieces of writings (including modern day written examples as well as highly-persuasive pieces from history) that have successfully connected with and convinced thousands of people. By applying these concepts, many have substantially improved their work-life – by becoming more persuasive… getting their ideas across more fluently… and influencing others towards the intended direction with just the written word. This in-turn creates better bonds with colleagues, superiors and clients… resulting in more sales, recognition and work satisfaction
Who Should Attend?
- Managers At Any Level
- Sales Teams, Team Leaders & Supervisors
- Marketing Executives
- Customer Relationship & Service staff
- Professionals who use emails frequently in day-to-day communications
“What I like about Tylus’ workshop is that the way he teaches is in point form, it’s very systematic compared to other workshops I attended. Most other workshops give you a big picture but they don’t show the step by step how it is done. And for Tylus, he gives you a step by step of how it can be done and it is very practical.”
Bellum Tan (CEO Richdad Asia)
“Well worth the time and money, can see the whole course has a lot of heart poured into it. Good value and I rarely say that.”
Choon Hock (Sales Consultant, Formor Asia Pacific)
“Tylus is an engaging trainer and the uninhibited writing at the start is really a new topic and very hands-on and engaging” Zi Jun (Assistant Manager, IMDA)
Master Trainer: Mr Tylus Lim
Tylus has advised and helped sharpened the marketing and sales campaigns/materials for companies spanning over 30 different industries. He has guided companies’ sales teams, SMEs and major corporations in uncovering hidden opportunities and breakthrough ideas, that result in significant increase of their bottom line, business revenues and profitability.
An obsessed marketing enthusiast, Tylus spent over 15 years learning, real-life testing and applying just about every marketing method and idea known to man. These vast experiences had in turn helped to uncover what truly and repeatedly works in sales & marketing.
Tylus is also an entrepreneur and founder of various businesses. He oversees the people and management of his businesses by actively applying productivity and work-optimizing strategies to generate growth and profitability. From that experience, as well as joint-venturing/connecting with a diverse variety of people from different industries, he has identified patterns that can limit or plateau professional and personal growth, as well as patterns that can substantially maximize one’s potential to bring in optimal personal success as well as professional success in one’s career.
Tylus incorporates these success concepts and real-life examples into his trainings. Many clients who attended the training have acknowledge that they are glad to be the ones learning the strategies, and hope their competition never will.
In the writing aspect, Tylus’s written materials include proposals (that brought in closed deals), over 450 newsletters and salesletters, books for 2 different industries and numerous successful marketing pieces. Base on this vast writing experience, he trains personal and professional clients a step by step ‘recipe’ to write pieces of materials that connect with and persuade the parties they wish to influence.
A partial list of Tylus’s clienteles include Singapore Armed Forces, People’s Association, Rotaract Club of Singapore, SAFRA, Nanyang Polytechnic, Star Cruises, MCYS etc. He also conducts in-house training for corporations, hospitality and service industries, large and small organizations, associations and statutory boards.