Technical Writing Masterclass: Take your Technical Writing to the Next level (LIVE Stream)
A Practical Guide to Planning and Writing Easy to Understand Technical Content including User guides, Lab Reports, Instruction manuals, SOP and Processes for any Audience.
Increased Demand for Technical Writing
No matter how brilliant an idea, if it isn’t conveyed clearly, its value is never realized: How effectively these ideas and details are communicated will affect the decision-making and problem-solving processes within the organization.
Technical writing remains to be an extremely coveted skill in the professional workplace. Demand is anticipated to continue to grow rapidly with new technology, innovation and constant changes in business environment. Technical writing includes all documentation of complicated technical processes.
To succeed in technical writing, you need a lot more than just writing ability.
Level up your skills to improve the quality, clarity, structure, and expected results of all your technical communication. Learn how to craft compelling and concise written documents help you increase productivity, resolve issues, avoid errors, and enhance your professional credibility and competency. Get Step-by-Step guidance from highly experienced communication coach, Ms Sandra Daniel who will walk you through the entire development process-planning, writing, visual design, editing, indexing, and production journey. You also get useful tips on how to translate complex ideas into clear, logical and technically accurate documents. In addition, you will get to learn how to craft information that is more easily translated into other languages.
Mastering Technical Writing
In this 2 Days Hands-on workshop, you will develop the critical skill to communicate technical information into reader-friendly documents. This workshop will also provide participants with highly in demand skills to improve their professional writing skills. You will be shocked to find out how technical writing can be so easy and fuzz-free with the techniques provided by Ms. Sandra Daniel.
Proficient Technical Writers Are in High Demand, be equipped with this critical skill
- Define modern technical writing, its core component, varieties and applications
- Choosing the Best Format to Convey Information
- Describe complex technical ideas and concepts coherently and clearly so users/audience can understand and benefit instantly
- Getting Straight to the Point by determining the Main Point
- Refine your technical writing in terms of clarity, conciseness accessibility, accuracy, and audience awareness
- Linking the Chain by Arranging Details in Logical Sequence
- Produce technical information for non-specialist audiences help your readers to take action or make decisions more effectively
- Enhance user reading experience using graphics for maximum effectiveness
PART ONE: Features of technical communication
- The differences between technical writing and business writing
- Definition and rationale
- Understanding different technical documents
- The components of technical writing
PART TWO: Principles of technical writing
- The qualities of effective technical writing
- Audience awareness
- Planning and developing
- Choosing the best format to convey information
- Clarity: Discovering the main idea
- Conciseness: Removing jargon, redundancy, wordiness and the passive voice
- Coherence: Arranging details in logical sequence
- Difficulties faced when creating technical documents
PART THREE: Graphic representations
- Presenting your information and message
- Blending diagrams, charts and tables successfully
- Using captions effectively
- Units of measure in diagrams, charts and tables
- Supplementary text for diagrams, charts and tables for better clarity
PART FOUR: Documenting problem solving projects
- Writing different phases of the problem-solving projects
- Define phase
- Measure phase
- Analyze phase
- Improve phrase
- Control phrase
PART FIVE: Writing press release
- Recognizing and describing the various type of press releases
- Attributes of a good press release
- Producing striking headlines and key messages
- Describing the steps to manage your organisation’s media coverage
PART SIX: White papers
- The outline
- Title or headline
- What should the introduction encompass
- Each sub-section
- Professional tone
- Creating narrowly focused content:Picking one topic and exploring it thoroughly
- Giving fact-based information: Removing unverified claims
- Producing data-backed evidence
- Edit for content and grammar
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is a great fit for:
- Supervisors, managers and staff whose responsibility it is to document valuable information for use by the organization and customers.
- Lecturers, educators, HR, Compliance, QA, L&D professionals involved in drafting or vetting manuals and documentation
- Anyone in profession who needs to write documents, including IT staff and engineers, Writers Editors Journalists
- It is also helpful for Operational Staff, Executives Assistants Officers Secretaries
This is an action-oriented and highly interactive workshop comprising intensive hands-on writing practices, videos, group discussions and mini lectures.
“When dealing with technical correspondences at work, I am now able to communicate my ideas to both technical and non-technical readers. I learnt to present my technical analysis, investigations and findings in formats and writing styles so that my intended readers can understand key issues quickly and precisely.” – John Teo, Manager Changi Airport Group
“This workshop equipped me with skills on how to adopt an appropriate style to write clearly, concisely and objectively. These are the key challenges I have been facing as well as critical requirements of technical writing.” – Alex Tan, Supervisor, DBS
Business Communication Specialist: Ms Sandra Daniel
Sandra Daniel, a training consultant, has been assisting and guiding various statutory boards, government-based organisations and private enterprises in recognizing opportunities to function proficiently in competitive environments. Her advisory expertise and trainings cover areas such as oral and spoken communication, performance appraisals, critical and creative thinking, persuasion and influence with an emphasis on emotional intelligence and behavioural psychology.
As senior managing partner of Lateral Solutions Consulting LLP, Sandra has been providing a platform for industries to operate within various effective frameworks to drive performance. This capacity has allowed to stay relevant on issues to cultivate specific skills and knowledge relating to promoting employee development. Armed with this real-world experience, her public seminars have attracted participants from various industries such as Changi Airport Group, DBS, Marina Bay Sands, Illumina Pte Ltd, HSBC, CapitaLand, Singapore Airlines and Citibank. Well known as someone dedicated to providing measurable and sustainable value to her trainings, she has a profound ability to bring the best out of her participants by revolving her workshops around practicality and simplicity.
Apart from this, Sandra has collaborated in a tripartite partnership involving Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore Institute of Technology and University of Liverpool in designing, developing and lecturing Thinking Strategies and Written Communication. She is also a sessional lecturer with Singapore University of Social Sciences in Negotiation and Relationship Management.
Sandra regularly contribute articles on management, communication and learning skills to Straits Times Recruit. To date, Sandra has authored and co-authored several books namely, How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu Art of War Stratagems, Impactful Academic Writing, Extremely Busy People’s Guide to Read Faster and Memorize Better and Think Clearer.
Sandra Daniel’s qualifications include:
• Master of Science in Training and Human Resource Management (University of Leicester)
• Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (IAL)
• Associate adult educator (IAL)
• Innovating Through Design Thinking: The Advanced Applications (SMU)
• Lean Six Sigma Certified (SMU)
• Licensed Master Neurolinguistic Programming Practitioner (American Board of NLP© )
• NLP Licensed Coach Practitioner (American Board of NLP©)
• LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Certified Facilitator (Rasmussen Consulting International)
• International Certificate in Emotional Skills and Competencies (Paul Eckman International)
• International Certificate in Evaluating Truthfulness and Credibility (Paul Eckman International)
• Silva Life System Certification®