Data Visualisation Using Tableau For Beginners
Tableau is the fastest growing interactive data visualisation software used in the Business Intelligence industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into an easy-to-understand format. Tableau is also able to connect and extract the data stored in various places. It can pull data from any platform imaginable, from excel and pdf to a complex database like Oracle and Amazon webs services. The great thing about Tableau is that it doesn't require any technical or any kind of programming skills to operate. In this highly intensive and hands-on 1-day course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of Tableau – how to use, how to gather data, how to clean the data, and how to use the various tools provided by Tableau. You will also be introduced to important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualisations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
- Identify the core principles of data visualisation and data storytelling
- Identify the different types of business questions and analytical patterns
- Be able to conduct exploratory and diagnostic analysis
- Develop dashboards as part of data storytelling for business needs
- Understand and work with Tableau
- Professionals who work with data and are looking to improve their data visualisation skills
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge and explore opportunities in the areas of business analytics
- Individuals with a keen interest to understand Tableau and its capabilities
Basic computer knowledge is required. Participants are required to bring a laptop.
- Power of data visualisation and storytelling
- Going from question to answer
- Conducting exploratory and diagnostic analysis
- Creating a dashboard using Tableau on industry cases
- From a Tableau perspective, you will walk away with the following functionalities:
- Connecting to data
- Measures vs dimensions
- Tableau tips and tricks
- Filters, parameters and calculations
- Data visualisation and storytelling
- Fundamentals of data visualisation
- Creating dashboards
- Advanced visualisations
- Maps with Tableau
- Publishing with Tableau
Data Analyst & Visualisation Expert: Sahil
Sahil is a seasoned data analytics entrepreneur, trainer, consultant, and content creator. His expertise and experience include Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and Support of Business Intelligence, OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing), OLAP, ETL, Data warehousing, DBMS and Data Modeling using SQL Server 2012/2008R2 /2008/2005, Informatica, MSBI, and Pentaho.
To date, Sahil has trained over 500 professionals worldwide on Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Pentaho, Microsoft Business Intelligence, SQL Server, and Informatica. Aside from training, he has also been a consultant for the past seven years and has consulted for numerous businesses in India, USA, Malaysia, and South Africa. His clientele includes RHB Bank and Provant Health Solutions.