Sun Tzu’s Art of War for Success: The Complete Strategic and Leadership Insights for Business Leaders (LIVE Stream)
“Your present is the product of your thinking and decisions made. Change you thinking and you can change the world” is a famous saying. However, to change for the better, you need to have the right thinking. To have the right thinking, you need to learn Sun Tzu’s Art of War. The Art of War is not just about warfare, it is about the winner’s mindset. It shows you how to win without a fight and how to build your power and influence so that others will willingly give in and follow your leadership. The Sun Tzu Art of War workshop is perfect for Business Leaders looking to strategise, make decisions, and lead others as a successful leader.
6 Key Takeaways
- The winner mindsets for thinking and decision making extended from Sun Tzu’s Art of War;
- The application of the Art of War for business success and sustained leadership;
- The complete insights of Sun Tzu’s Art of War for the design of strategies on one hand, and the leading and organizing of people for the execution on the other hand to achieve good success;
- The keys to becoming a great leader;
- How to build the ideal organization for an ever changing and complex world – the health and sickness of organization;
- Extending the mindset for investment decision making, negotiations, relationship building and others
- The root of Sun Tzu’s Art of War philosophy – I-Ching. Understanding the patterns of change, the reading of situations and how to apply I-Ching wisdom to achieve abundance while avoiding the disasters;
- An overview and quick walk through of the 13 chapters of the book of Sun Tzu’s Art of War;
- The Complete Essence of the Art of War in the 1A-3B-5C-5M framework;
- Understanding Business and Business Strategy. The purpose of Business. Understanding what customers value. Business models and innovations. Good or bad strategies. Establishing the business context where the Art of War can be extended and applied;
- The Strategy 5C’s;
- Calculation (计) – The Five + 1 factors and Seven Measures and Intelligence collection;- The 5 factors are Dao道 (Culture), Seasonal Trends天, Terrain Positioning地, Leadership;
- Completeness (全) – How to Achieve maximum net returns at minimum risks;
- Compounding (势) – Multiplying the impact of our effort by creating and riding the waves of seasons, terrain characteristics and people’s desires;
- Creativity (诡) for coming out with innovations that delight the customers and shock the competitors. Thinking in the next dimension beyond the reach of competitors;
- Change (变) – Adapting and changing endlessly. Converting threats to opportunities, weaknesses into strengths, and making competitors’ strengths to become irrelevant and weak;
- Doing SWOT the right way with TOWS. Outside-In, Threats before opportunities, converting weaknesses to strengths. If we cannot overcome the threats, we cannot expect to have the opportunities!
- The People 5M’s:
- Management and Leadership – The Five Leadership Attributes of wisdom, trust, love, boldness and disciplines. Their meaning and the behaviors and practices;
- Morale – Vitality or Energy. The 5 Winning Keys;
- Mollification – Calmness in face of Dangers. Maintaining control in the face of provocations, temptations and disasters.
- Magnification of Efforts – Effectiveness and Efficiencies. Riding on season and terrain momentum. Defining strategic jobs, knowing the people and match them with the right jobs. Developing organization power with Six Areas of Proficiencies: Design, Use of Talents, Attack, Defend, Innovate, and Control Others
- Movement – Ever Learning and Progressive to Stay Ahead. Keeping watch of changes and response rightly.
- Organizational Health Check
- The Three Negligence;
- The Five Weaknesses;
- The Six Terminal Sicknesses;
- The Ideal Organization – Self motivated, self-directed and self-organized to quickly adapt and ride on changes and complexities.
Interactive presentation, demonstration, discussion and workshop exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Packed with personal anecdotes and real life case studies, this workshop offers deep insights, original thinking, and feasible solutions to everyday challenges.
- Anyone who wants to learn and benefit from the wisdom of Sun Tzu;
- Thought leaders
- National and Local Government, Provincial;
- Government and Municipalities;
- Engineers and Consultants;
- Municipal Managers;
- Key Industry Players & Industry Consultants;
- Business Stakeholders and Decision Makers;
- Business Consultants;
- Leading Academics, PhD Students.
“It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
“I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
“This is the type of course that I feel does not only focus on business outcomes, but also on personal outcomes. My time was well-spent indeed. Lim Liat’s courses are suitable for everyone, and I will also ask my staff members to join me for other courses.” Emma Wai, Senior Assistant Director for Corporate Development and Administration, Bureau Design Studio
FOUNDER OF BVOTECH AND CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIST:
Mr. Lim Liat founded a BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the wisdoms of East and West. The key areas include unified corporate performance management framework, innovation and business model design, creative & visual thinking systems (BVITS), learning and innovative organization, leadership skills and the future of management with Sinology – Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more.
Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. He has taught for and sat on the advisory boards of Institutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology and management experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $500 million operating in over 9 countries. He left as Deputy CEO in 2003 to start BvOtech.
Lim was a Public Service Commission Merit and a Commonwealth Scholar. He obtained a Bachelor of Industrial and System engineering (1st Class Honours with Gold Medal) from the National University of Singapore in 1974 and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, 1976. He is a joint author of five US Registered Patents in End User Query and Data Modelling.