Executive Certificate in Strategic Investment Appraisal
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 20, 21, 27, 28 March 2021
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
In today’s rapidly changing business environment, strategic investment decisions pertaining to mergers and acquisitions, corporate takeovers, organisational restructuring, international Financing, Financial Risk Management and business Valuation are extremely complex and challenging. To succeed and take your knowledge of corporate finance to the next level, finance professionals need a solid understanding of these international complexities.
This module focuses on how financial and other resources are effectively allocated to business units, projects and key activities in international and domestic organisations. This covers the second of three main elements of the global financial management programme, namely the sources, uses and management of finance to optimise organisational performance. You will apply international capital investment and risk appraisal techniques to strategic options and scenarios and develop your knowledge of the theory and practice of strategic investment decision-making in a global context. Through lectures, relevant reading and activities you will be introduced to the principles of integrated thinking, so that you may recognise and appraise not just the financial capital, but the human, intellectual, social and environmental capitals. You will also develop your data manipulation skills and apply them to the analysis of strategic options, including discounted cash flows.
- Gain confidence and skills in your financial decisions knowing you have covered all the perspectives of strategic investment appraisal.
- Optimized Your Investment strategy by gaining a strategic view of different asset classes to maximise the performance of your portfolio.
- Examine the broader environmental, political, and social landscape in which you operate, including the role of the different stakeholders including government, investors, and customers.
- Make better decisions by acquiring a deeper understanding of the investment process and explore the latest techniques with real-world case studies.
- Explore alternative asset classes to increased Shareholder values with more informed and precise corporate financial decision
- Enhance your professional credential and delivers more value to your organization by applying the latest investment strategy
- Deepen your understanding of investment management with cutting-edge insights
- Deepen your knowledge of global financial market and improve your finance capabilities and valuation skills
- Develop your ability to innovate, think strategically, and gain a competitive advantage for your organization.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for
- CFOs, CXOs board members, financial controllers, Finance Managers
- Investment and Project Financing Professionals
- Consultants and investment bankers and other senior executives who want to deepen their knowledge of corporate finance.
Corporate Consultancy and Risk Management Strategist: Professor Malick SY
Prof. Malick Sy has more than 25 years of experience in financial consulting and advisory to many financial institutions in Europe, Asia and Australia. He is a professor in Financial Management at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University-Australia, a visiting Professor at the City University of New York (USA) and adjunct professor of Arcadia University, Pennsylvania (USA). He is also the Managing Director and Principal Consultant of IBC Holdings Pte Ltd, a financial consulting firm with offices located in South East Asia. He has been a Director of Risk Management at the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange and a member of the Singapore Exchange Corporate Advisory Committee (SGX-DT) previously.
Topic 1: Introduction: Investment appraisal- Methods and Models
Topic 2: Investment Appraisal Processes
Topic 3: Appraisal Techniques
Topic 4: Managing the Complexities of International Projects
Topic 5: International Capital Investment for Optimal Performance
Topic 6: Project Risk Assessment
Topic 7: Managing Project Failure
Topic 8: Financial Performance Management & Control
Topic 9: Key Decision-making Framework
Topic 10: Sustainability and Integrated Thinking
Topic 11: Reflection