Regulating Procurement Agreements: Understanding the Ends and Means of Public Procurement Regulation
Critical Must-Know about Public Procurement Processes, Execution and Ethics Gone are the days where procurement agreements are easy to understand, negotiate and draft. In a highly transparent system, it is vital to have a holistic view of procurement agreement for public tender. 1 Day workshop on Drafting of Procurement Documentation Leaving no stone unturned in covering all aspects of the procurement and sourcing functions, this workshop is filled critical skills on how procurement agreement will be secured and including other techniques how to draft and vet a procurement agreement. It will also consist of practical discussion, case studies, and negotiations exercises to better illustrate to participants on how Procurement Agreement can be secured.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate how Procurement Agreements is to be examined and constructed
- Understanding Standard Boiler Plates and Issues to Watch Out for
- Common pitfalls You Must Avoid in understanding procurement agreements
- How to deal with potential conflict of interest and handle vendors ethically
- Identify issues and finding solutions when enforcing Procurement Agreements
Power-Packed Contents Include:
The essentials of a procurement agreement
- Key points to note in a procurement agreement
- How are procurement agreement structured
- The challenges in structuring procurement agreement
Evaluating the risk and issues in a procurement agreement?
- Definition of risk in procurement agreement
- Weighing the practical consideration in a procurement agreement
- The key points to note when considering the risk in a procurement agreement
Key Contracting Terms in a Procurement agreement.
- Key terms in a procurement agreement
- What are the key clauses in a procurement agreement
- What to look out when looking at the procurement agreement
Indemnity & Warrant Clauses in a Procurement agreement.
- Definition of an indemnity clause
- How indemnity clause should be negotiated.
- Key points to look after an indemnity clause has been negotiated
Role of insurance in contracts In a Procurement agreement
- Interpreting insurance clause in commercial contracts
- Insurance and the art of negotiating insurance clause
Limiting liability in a procurement agreement
- Signing a limited liability agreement
- Inserting limited liability clauses into a procurement agreement
- The art of negotiating this limited liability clause
The art of negotiating procurement agreement in Asia
- The key points to note when signing with a procurement agreement
- The due diligence process when negotiating a procurement agreement
- The key points to note when concluding a procurement agreement
Arbitration Clause and Governing Law Course
- Is Arbitration the best way to resolve conflicts
- The choice of law and venue
- How can Arbitration work in overseas jurisdiction
Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Definition of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- How does Alternative Dispute Resolution operate
- The key elements of Alternative Dispute Resolution
Who Should Attend?
This is a very beneficial workshop for all procurement executives wishing to further enhance their skill set, master the latest developments in procurement strategy. This workshop is also highly recommended for:
- Personnel or executives who are responsible or seek to improve their skills in understanding and managing procurement agreements will also benefit from this workshop.
- Business Contracts Managers
- Procurement managers, executives, supervisors, officers, and engineers from departments such as production, engineering, finance/accounts, sales, QA, R&D
Senior Procurement Contract Expert: Mr. David Shanmugam
David holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal experience in the private sector and he is presently working in a law firm, and Mr. David Shanmugam is also an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
Over the years, he has conducted legal training for the corporate sector on the various practical legal issues facing the corporate field and has lectured for many training institutions, on Business and Company Law. His forte is in the field of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts, including company matters. Mr. David Shanmugam has conducted legal training programmes for Singapore Association Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, National University of Singapore Continuing Education.