Professional Certification for Data Protection Officer
2 Day Operational and Practitioner Guide for existing and Newly Appointed DPO
Upskill and enhance your implementation and practical Data Protection skills and framework. Join us in this 2 days Hands on training course delivered by Data Protection and Compliance Expert, Mr Sanjeev Gathani.
Case Studies and Practical Approaches
Using a mixture of recent real cases and scenario analysis, including previously imposed legal penalties, fines, business limitations, and license revocations will be discussed and assessed to give participants a real life understanding of the challenges, common pitfall and the risk of PDPA non-compliance. This will provide participants with a hands-on understanding of the evolving landscape between business and customer empowerment, and ever-increasing regulatory scrutiny and expectations.
Bonus: Games will be played to illustrate concepts in the space of privacy and security. Additionally, there would also be a mock investigation.
- Understand and manage compliance obligations under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
- Fully comprehend the importance of your role as a DPO
- Identify and manage risks in personal data management
- Demonstrate Accountability for the personal data that your organization handles
- Assess first line of Defence impact for data protection and privacy, including customer data
- How to Identify and manage risk In personal data management
- Develop and update your organization data protection management programme
- Classify the principles and objectives of the legislation in Singapore, as well as the offences and penalty.
- How to Conduct a Comprehensive Data Protection Impact Assessment
- How to Manage Data breach and engagement with PDPA
Refresher: Personal Data Protection Principles
- A Practical Approach to the Personal Data Protection Act – A Singapore Perspective
Data Privacy Provisions
- Legislation and Regulation centered on data protection and privacy
- Individual and societal concerns over data collection, storage and use
- The need to collect, disclose and use personal data
- Personal data versus corporate data
Data Protection Legislation (Singapore)
- Protecting Personal Data
- Consent, Purpose, Reasonableness
- Do Not Call; rights, responsibilities
Data Breaches and Data Security
- The importance of security and data protection
- Data concerns; volume, use, storage and sharing
- Social engineering, phishing, tailgating, and malware
Step-by-step Implementation plan for Data Protection Officers
- to start PDPA compliance IMMEDIATELY
- Manage compliance using the online Data Protection Management System
- Customise your own Personal Data Protection & Information Security Policy
- Guidance & best practices from experienced PDPA practitioners
Identify the potential breaches in your current organisation
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer
- Conducting a Personal Data Inventory Audit
- Conduct a Risk Assessment Audit to determine gaps and risks
Information Security: Policy, Templates & Tools
- Deploy & document implementation to address information security gaps
- Implementing Personal Data Protection Policies & Initiatives
Personal Data Protection programme management
Who Should Attend?
- Directors / Managers / current data protection officer (s) who wish to be kept abreast of new changes to PDPA and regulations.
- Newly appointed or Designated data protection officer (s) and employees that seeks awareness and information of how to handle personal data in accordance with the PDPA
- Privacy or Legal Counsel, Compliance and Audit, Trainers and Consultants seeking to be equipped with all the necessary understanding of the PDPA and its obligations
- NOTE: Participants are strongly encouraged the 1 Day Complete Guide to the Personal Data Protection Act for Business or should possess relevant work experience in Data Protection in order to benefit most from this Professional Certification
“Sanjeev has a good sense of humour and is able to engage with participants well with anecdotes from his long and various work experience. He is able to handle and answer questions form participants professionally. I would gladly recommend Sanjeev as a trainer for any entities needing data privacy consultancy services on a high professional level.” – Simon Lee, Vice-President, EZ-Link Pte Ltd
“The course was enriching and provided us with a sense of security for ourselves and personal data held by us within our company. The content of the course was well covered with well summarized diagrams and videos. We are extremely satisfied with the training and guidance that Sanjeev has delivered to us. He has been knowledgeable and approachable.” – Derek Liew, Managing Director, Compliance Management Pte Ltd
Sanjeev Gathani is a qualified Governance, Risk and Compliance Professional with more than 20 years of diverse experience in the Asia Pacific Region, helping entities in both public and private entities across a range of industries including not for profit organizations. He has provided his professional service career and advised clients in a variety of industries including but not limited to Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Semi-conductor, Motor, Hospitality, FMCG, Construction and Professional services.
Currently, he is the Chief Executive Officer and Knowledge Leader of Better Business Governance – APAC Pte Ltd (BBG), a boutique advisory and training firm. In 2018, he was appointed by RHT Academy as their Programme Advisor – G.R.A.C.E Series.
Additionally, he has also been awarded the credential of Full Member Corporate Governance Practitioner (MGP) by The Association of Corporate Governance Practitioner, United Kingdom. To further enhance his background, heobtained additional credentials including Certified Fraud Examiner, License Private Investigator (Singapore), Expert Court Witness and Certified Privacy Professional.
Specialization: Corporate Governance, Sarbanes Oxley, J-SOX, Internal Audit, Fraud Management, Compliance to Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Anti-Bribery Act, Data Privacy and Security and Integrated Risk Management.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Professional Certificate in Anti-Bribery & Compliance
- Licensed Private Investigator (Singapore)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Cyber Security Practitioner Induction (CSPI)
- Expert Court Witness
- Full Member Governance Practitioner (MGP) UK
- Certified member of Governance Institute of Australia
- Governance, Risk & Compliance Professional (GRCP), United States of America
- Governance, Risk & Compliance Auditor (GRCA), United States of America
- Certified Internal Control Professional (CICP)
- Certified HR Professional (Talent Management)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Exin – the global independent certification institute for ICT Professionals – Privacy and Data Protection Foundation
- Customer Service Professional (CSP)
- Advanced Toastmaster – Gold (ATMG)