Professional Certificate in Effective Counselling Techniques
There are many different types of Counselling that aim to help others work through any problems or difficulties they may be having in their personal or professional lives. Effective Counselling can make a profound impact on the lives of individuals, families and organizations. Counselling skills are essential for maintaining optimum performance, and this will entails identifying causes of issues, providing counsel and advice for improvement and guidance through the process of improving behavior, attitude or performance.
2 Days Hands-On Effective Counselling Practice
This Professional Certification provides a uniquely comprehensive, accessible and practical guide to effective counselling techniques. It focuses on essentials including identifying root causes and issues, identifying and developing the appropriate counselling approach and the process and techniques for effective counselling. It also aims to equip you with the skills to Identify negative behaviors. From a professional perspective, this training will help develop your skills set to deal with different workplace situations such as employee performance review, workplace motivation and employee engagement techniques.
Becoming More Self-Aware
Effective Counselling Skills will also help to develop your self-awareness through self-reflection, personal experiences, thoughts and feelings.
This Professional Certification aims to provide you with effective counselling techniques and skills to help others. You will learn
- Examine the roles of a counsellor and guiding principles of counselling
- Explain the counselling process when working with the client
- Problem-Solving Approach to provide effective support and guidance to those in stressful and difficult situations
- Understand how to work with different personnel under different capacity
- Practice interpersonal communication and counselling skills
- Gain an understanding of professional and ethical issues in counselling
- How to create positive relationship between you and client
- Provide you with a structured approach for an open conversation through effective Listening skills and asking the right questions skillfully
- Address barriers of communication in the counselling process
- Develop Self-awareness, a crucial step in ensuring that you break down your own personal barriers
Who Should Attend?
This Certification is design anyone in a caring, facilitative or managing role in their personal or professional capacity.
This certification also offers an ideal starting place for candidates including educators, teachers, coaches, trainers and counsellors seeking pre-entry requirements for further training in counselling and counselling psychology.
Organisational Psychologist & Coach: Dr Martha Tara Lee
Master of Counselling, Monash University; Doctorate in Human Sexuality, Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
Dr Martha has extensive coaching experience in working with over 1,400 clients. She has also supported 70 volunteers that reached out to over 18,100+ youth. She is a strong advocator and supporter of women’s social and emotional needs and issues. A proven record of strong communication has led her to receive two Omron’s Global Brand Award. She is currently a clinical sexologist at Eros Coaching Pte Ltd.