Professional Certificate in Applied Psychology at Work
Applied psychology will be focusing on the use of different psychological methods and scientific principles to solve practical, real world problems pertaining to human behavior and experience Managing a successful organization requires lots of moving pieces running smoothly in tandem. At the heart of every organization are people just like you and me, whose performance can be influenced in a positive direction. Studies have shown that using psychology at work can help solve problems and create significant improvements in the workplace. Some of the areas that Psychology can be applied in a workplace environment includes • Psychometric Analysis for Job Fit and Recruitment • Training Needs and Talent Development Analysis • Improving Performance Appraisal Processes through Constructive Feedback • Reducing Workplace Stress, Anxiety and improving Productivity • Eliminating Intimidation, Bullying and discrimination at work • Boosting Happiness and Productivity at work • Embracing Change and New Job Design • Health and Mental Wellness Tips • Workplace Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring Programs.
Gain Practical Insights to Boost Productivity at Work
This engaging certification aims to enhance the knowledge and skills set of professionals by offering critical insights into the art and science of psychology at work. You will consider how ideas from psychology are used to increase people’s effectiveness at work and how these ideas can assist in the development of personal and organizational change needed by people and organizations. You will be encouraged to apply explore how to apply psychology to your current workplace context.
Upon successful completion of this certification, you will be able to
- Identify changes in working practices and analyze the impact of the changes on employees and organizations.
- Apply psychological theories to explain organizational and individual phenomenon within workplaces.
- Using psychological theoretical frameworks, prescribe initiatives and solutions for a wide range of organizational issues and challenges
- Improve Productivity and Job satisfaction
- Finding the Right Fit of Personnel with the Company
- Promote Engagement, Teamwork/Team Building
- Effective Conflict Resolution
- Enhance Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Certification is designed for executives and professionals
- Human Resource managers & executives
- Marketing, Business Development, International Managers & Supervisors
- Trainers, Coaches, Educators
Accredited Counsellor and Life Coach: Mr Anil Singh
Anil is a dedicated and well sought-after Coach in the field of Applied Psychology and Counselling. Mr Anil also brings with him more than 10 years of teaching experience and was awarded SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017, for demonstrating a quality and high level of dedication and commitment in teaching and SIM University Lecturer Service Award. He also worked with various organizational and hospitals including the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) under the National Addictions Management Services previously. He is also the Head Tutor at Yayasan MENDAKI (Council for the Development of Singapore Malay/Muslim Community) since 2003.
• Master of Social Sciences, Sociology, National University of Singapore
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (2nd Upper Honours), Sociology, National University of Singapore
• SIM University Teaching Merit Award in 2017
The course is divided into ten lessons as follows:
Understanding Psychology at Work
- Needs Hierarchy Theory
- Expectancy Theory
- Understanding Psychological Processes
Understanding Motivation Factors
- Interpersonal Behaviour at work
- Personality, Perception and Learning
- Prosocial Behaviour
- Developing Trust at Work
Values at Work
- Setting the Right Workplace Culture
- Coping with Organisational Life
- Emotions and Moods
- Work-related attitudes
- Prejudice at work and overcoming prejudice
- Individual Decisions in Organisation
- Group Decisions and Group Dynamics
- Organisational Behaviour Best Practices
- Sharing and learning from one another