Professional Certificate in Design Thinking
A Highly Effective Problem-solving Technique That Unlock Infinite Creative Business Solutions To Your Everyday Challenges
What is Design Thinking and Why Is It So Popular?
Design Thinking is a method developed by IDEO, a Global Consultancy based in Palo Alto, California. Design Thinking is an iterative user-centric process that seeks to understand the user, challenge traditional assumptions, and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative strategies and solutions. Design Thinking provides a solution-based approach to solving problem through emotive lenses and sensitive feelers.
Design Thinking: Integrating Innovation, Creative Thinking & Total Customer Experience
Technology disruption and Digital Transformation has dramatically changed the way organizations evolve. Some of the world’s leading brands, such as Apple, Google, Tesla, Alibaba Samsung and GE, have rapidly adopted the Design Thinking approach, integrating creative problem solving, technology adoption and future proofing to propel their business forward. Design Thinking is being taught at leading universities around the world, including Stanford, Harvard and MIT. The key aim of Design Thinking is to provide a tried and tested systematic approach to transform you and your organization’s ways in approaching business issues and coming up with innovative strategies that are both workable and productive.
A 2-day workshop on how to solve problems and challenges through design thinking
Whilst design thinking can bring about creative solutions to complex business problems, design thinkers constantly run headlong into challenges in bureaucratic and entrenched business cultures. In this highly practical masterclass, you will learn how successful companies and business leaders adopt the Design Thinking approach to re-think how they approach planning and execution. For example, Design Thinking allows for the re-perceiving of existing practices like benchmarking and instead refocuses the process on uncovering insights rather than solely for comparisons
Key Takeaways: Gain Practical Solutions to Overcome Business Challenges Instantly
Learn practical tools and techniques on how to implement Design Thinking to your organization
- Create awareness of the main features, principles and methodologies of Design Thinking as an approach for innovation and work improvement.
- Generate awareness of the benefits that Design Thinking will bring to participant’s organisation
- Understand the key procedures or tools involved in Design Thinking, with hands-on learning experience, for innovative application and for identifying new opportunities.
- Apply Design Thinking and its methodologies to participants’ work processes, products, services
- Effectively apply Design Thinking to changing context and/or different business scenario
- Discover surefire ways to generate potential solutions through divergent thinking and rapid prototyping
Who should attend?
This Masterclass is ideal for
- Decision makers from any industry who want to improve their organization’s capacity to formulate and implement innovative strategies, as well as for entrepreneurs and startup business leaders launching new offerings.
- Executives or Senior officers seeking tools and techniques for maximizing innovation and entrepreneurship within a business environment
- Professionals involve in business development, consulting, business strategy, marketing and sales seeking tools and frameworks to capture and deliver on those ideas
Through combining up-to-date management theory, together with practical realities of management using Case Studies, Video, Hands-on Practice. Role-Play, and teambuilding activities
“Many helpful tools, having filled in examples of tools for example the Empathy Map and User Process Experience”
Senior Director, Government Agency
“Interactive activities with lots of discussion, conceptualisation, prototypying and generation of ideas.”
Senior Manager, Media MNC
“Trainer was engaging, clarified doubts and very knowledgeable”
Vice President, International Investment Bank
Mark Stuart, MIT Certified Design Thinking & Innovation Trainer
A Certified Design Training Expert, Mark has trained over 140 organisations and over 2500 people across MNCs, Government and SMEs. He has over 15 years of international management and investment banking experience in the UK, Australia and Asia for Morgan Stanley, Schroders, Goldman Sachs, Abbey National and Salomon Brothers. Mark has also taught DISC Train-the-Trainer programmes.
Mark has led large award-winning international teams across 3 continents. This exposure has allowed him to see first-hand what works and what doesn’t in a multicultural workplace. His experience leading rapid growth and extensive change gave him invaluable experience in building teams and increasing employee engagement. Mark’s training methods are highly interactive and focus on strategies and personal goals that can be implemented in the workplace immediately, delivering instant return on investment. Mark graduated from the University of Surrey with a Bachelor of Science in Business Economics and Computing. In his free time, he enjoys sailing, travelling and current affairs. He is also a Professional member of the prestigious Asia Professional Speakers – Singapore and the Singapore Human Resources Institute.
Watch Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDUAIC0xaU4
Professional Member of Asia Professional Speakers – Singapore
Group Representative – British Chamber of Commerce Singapore, Entrepreneur & Small Business Committee
Committee Member – Finance & Insurance Focus Group, Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI)
An ice-breaker to begin the workshop by getting select participants to reveal an interesting thing about themselves
Innovation & Creativity
- Innovation versus invention versus creativity
- Innovation in India and across Asia – what’s holding us back?
- How to encourage creativity from every employee
Intro to Design Thinking
- What it takes to create culture of design thinkers
- Common problems faced trying to implement design thinking
- Case studies of successful design thinking implementation
- Three Innovation Challenges: Viability, Desirability, Feasibility
Learning & Applying the Design Thinking Framework: Empathise
- Who are your end clients? What are their needs?
- Framing your design challenge
- Ethnographic research in design thinking:
- Creating empathy maps
- User journey maps
Learning & Applying the Design Thinking Framework: Define
- Collating themes and insights from empathy stage
- Defining specific user requirements
- Creating an effective problem statement
- Generating How Might We questions
- The finale is a fun teambuilding game which will challenge participants to utilise the principles of design thinking in a creative way.
A quick recap of Core Principles of Day 1
Learning & Applying the Design Thinking Framework: Ideate
- Brainstorm and ideate ideas to solve the identified problem
- How to run effective, structured brainstorming sessions
- Your role as a contributor in the ideation stage
- Rapid brainstorming exercises:
- Analogous thinking
- Crazy 9s
Learning & Applying the Design Thinking Framework: Prototype
- Build/sketch out the selected ideas in more detail
- Different techniques and tools for prototyping
- Completing the Solution Sheet and thinking about the commercial side of ideas
- Tips of making presentations of your prototypes
Learning & Applying the Design Thinking Framework: Test
- Establish how you can test these ideas on your client base
- Collating the feedback and what to do next with it
Ideas to Implementation
- Problems faced during implementation and how to overcome them
- Common reasons for design thinking inspired ideas not to be implemented
- How to ensure that the best ideas lead to implementation