Powerful, Painless and Proven Techniques to Deal with Difficult Colleagues and Stakeholders at Work (LIVE Stream)
Unlocking the Secrets to Positive Relationship
Difficult people and situations are part and parcels of our life, some colleagues make us feel guilty if we don’t “go along”, others force us to do things we don’t want to do. Whilst most of us try to avoid them at all cost but avoiding or appeasing often aggravates the situation.
Don’t we all wish to be equipped with the right skills to enjoy a more rewarding and enriching relationships with our colleagues and stakeholders?
Proven Effective Survival Guide to Deal with Stressful Situations Calmly and Professionally
This ground breaking workshop offers proven strategies used by successful executives to handle and defuse stressful situations calmly, professionally and positively.
Learn how to neutralise problem situations/scenarios in the workplace such as working with aggressive people, disagreeing with others, handling bullies, dealing with ignorant people and working with unreasonable people. Discover the root causes of common personality conflicts and improve your people management skills in just 1 day, so you can be better and happier at work.
Key Takeaways - Smart Tactics for Overcoming Difficult People at Work
- Recognise classic profiles of difficult people and strategies for handling them
- Use dynamic listening techniques to unlock the doors to people’ s minds, hearts, and deepest needs
- Deal with stressful situation and eliminate workplace tension effortlessly with positive engagement techniques
- Learn how to deal with sarcasm and the “silent treatment” and handling irresponsible subordinates, co-workers
- Effective techniques in controlling your emotion to deal with difficult situations objectively and professionally.
- Apply “take-charge” skills that turn conflict into cooperation and transform destructive behaviour through simple communication techniques
- Develop the ability to say “No” without causing offense
- Learn how to have a difficult or sensitive conversation painlessly
- Manage childish behaviour at work and create a positive and engaging work relationship
- Counselling tips to help calm angry, upset and unresponsive individuals and defuse explosive situations
Who Should Attend
This hands-on workshop is an absolute MUST for anyone who has to deal with difficult people or difficult issues including:
- Human resource managers, team leaders, project leads, retail managers
- Educators, consultants, customer service representatives and people who negotiate
- Managers, supervisors, senior officers and senior officers, customer service and front line staff
- Sales professionals, customer service and administrative officers in charge of projects or front line enquiries
“David taught me a lot about assertiveness in this course through his presentations, practice, and the materials. These techniques will surely help me to be assertive in the workplace and in my personal life as well.”- Mr Willy, Senior Engineer
“Excellent course. Great delivery and trainer was concise and succinct during the presentation. High level key values that make an impact rather than minute details which would be forgotten or lost over time. Thanks, David!” – Hock Jin, Senior Network Engineer
“Interesting trainer, able to capture the attention of the class and spice up the atmosphere for conducive learning. David’s explanation, in the form of stories, helped in driving in the points. It was excellent, and I highly appreciate it.” – Surajit, Senior Manager
The Persuasion Doctor: David Goldwich
David Goldwich is a “reformed” lawyer who is committed to helping people get what they want by teaching them how to play the negotiation game and be assertive, compelling, persuasive communicators. He practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before judges and political, government, and community bodies.
David is trained as a mediator and has managed small businesses as well. He advocates the interest-based negotiation approach developed at Harvard to achieve win-win outcomes.
As a highly sought after consultant, David uses simulations, role play, skits, and interactive sessions to help participants learn and improve their skills, he has delivered customized training to many organizations across Asia, David also appears frequently on radio, and hosted a television talk show. David is also the author of Win-Win Negotiations: Developing the Mindset, Skills and Behaviours of Win-Win Negotiators.
- What is conflict?
- Principles of conflict resolution
- Your approach to conflict
- Different approaches to conflict, and when to use them
- The Conflict Triangle: Victims, persecutors, and rescuers
- Separating People from the Problem
- The language of emotion
- Active and empathetic listening
- Nonverbal communication – sending the right signals
- Ten ways to say “No”
- Conducting difficult conversations
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities and Styles
- The Four Social Styles
- Recognizing the four styles
- Working with the four styles
- Dealing with differences
- The Four Social Styles
- Dealing with Difficult People
- The three main types of difficult people and how to handle them
- Situationally difficult
- Strategically difficult
- Intrinsically difficult
- Some other types of difficult people – and the merely annoying
- Summary and Closing