Powered by Positivity @ Work: Improve Health, Productivity & Workplace Wellness
Do you feel like your job is draining you in every single way?
Do you dread going to work?
Is dragging yourself out of bed every morning a struggle for you?
Are you always having headaches at work or feeling ill?
Are you suffering from muscle soreness, neck and back pains or shoulder aches after a long day at work?
If your answer is yes to any of the above questions, then this is the right workshop for you!
I feel zapped of energy at work.. what can I do?
In the stressful and demanding corporate world, many of us are feeling emotionally, mentally and physically drained. This results in high number of sick leaves, exhaustion at work and unproductivity and ineffectiveness. To overcome this, it is crucial to build both a healthy mindset and a healthy body. In this engaging and powerful workshop, you would learn how you can keep both your mind and body healthy and improve your workplace performance.
The workshop would look into improving overall wellness through 4 main areas – positive mindset, good eating habits, embracing right body structure through Pilate and overall workplace wellness.
Course Outline: Let Your Fun and Enriching Workplace Journey Begin
This high impact 1-day workshop will cover the knowledge and skills with practices to gain positive mindset, good eating habits and embracing a right body structure. It will be focusing on the 4 areas:
- Positive ThinkingThe topics will be as follows:
- The importance of mindset and how it can impact our emotion
- Understanding what is positive mindset and how it can be difference
- Develop positive mindset that can better manage emotion
- Identify an action plan to use positive thinking at the workplace
- Eating correctly The topics will be as follows:
- Know the myths and facts about healthy eating and what the type of unhealthy food is in our common diet.
- Know how to shop and choose the right food for our daily meals.
- Truly understand the reality of how obesity affects your health and what you can do to get rid of the excess fat effectively
- Building a healthy body The topics will be as follow:
- Pilates history
- Pilates benefits vs other forms of fitness exercises
- Importance of good posture
- Pilates movement principles to achieve good posture
- Group exercise – 5 (or 8 or 10) Basic Standing Pilates Movements
- Total Wellness at the workplace The topics will be as follows:
- Putting altogether the mind and body, how they can work together
- Design an action plan for yourself.
- The fun and productive workplace journey begins…
Who Should Attend?
All learners who want to have an effective workplace using a positive mind and healthy body, especially those who often engage in customer service work or always interacting with people in the workplace both internally and externally in the company.
Conducted by 3 different trainers: Each an Expert in their own Field!
Florence Yuen (Lead Trainer) – She has an impressive track record as a designer and leader in the customer service excellence and workplace excellence. In a workplace that involves with people engagement, it is important to have a positive mindset and stable emotion to handle all kinds of situations. In her 28 years of customer service experience, many different situations have been managed with a high customer satisfaction closure. She has facilitated many workshops in areas such as handling challenging service situations; effective workplace communication; strength based coaching and professional administrative skills for administrators. She has a Master of Science in Industry Organization Psychology and has been awarded the Aventis Certified Professional Trainer from Aventis School of Management and Call Center Certification as a COPC-2000 Standard Registered Coordinator.
Alvin Poh (Trainer for Healthy Diet) – Alvin is a certified weight management coach. He is an expert in helping people to lose fats, build muscle and improve their metabolism through eating right, proper nutrition and supplementation as well as develop the right healthy lifestyle.
Lim Lee Chen (Trainer for Pilates) – An IT and Digital Marketer by profession, Lee Chen first began her Pilates lessons in 2012 and experienced an overall improved posture and health. Eager to experience Pilates at a deeper level, she embarked on a journey to learn more about rehabilitation-based Pilates from Polestar Pilates Asia Inc., the Licensee for Asia for Polestar Education LLC. She has completed her training in Comprehensive Studio and Pilates Mat in April 2016, and strengthened her belief in the goodness of Pilates work. While pursuing her next goal to become a Certified Pilates Instructor, Lee Chen is being mentored by Polestar Mentors, and has clocked more than 100 hours of self- practice, practice-teach and observing other Pilates Instructors at work. Lee Chen is ever-ready to share her new-found Pilates knowledge with Pilates newbies and enthusiasts.