2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass For Managers and Leaders (LIVE Stream)
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring aims to provide you with a comprehensive overview of how you can apply positive psychology coaching at work, bringing together the best of science and practice, highlighting current research, and emphasising the applicability of each element to coaching in a challenging and rapidly evolving work environment. With international exposure and years of practical experience, let Dr Fong equip you with the skills to integrate positive psychology to enhance your leadership and management skills.
2 Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass
Coaching, Counselling and Mentoring are integral parts to today’s “learning” organisations and are three of the most effective skills a manager needs to boost team effectiveness, raise morale and increase productivity.
Positive Psychology Coaching is a psychology-based process for enhancing well-being and performance in personal, professional and other life domains. This is becoming an increasingly popular way to unlock potential and maximize performance. Individuals and organisations, private businesses and non-profit institutions are just a few of those seeking the benefits of coaching’s uniquely client-driven model for positive growth.
Coaching is often used as a tool for achieving goals, honing skills, increasing satisfaction, enhancing relationships, boosting creativity, improving problem-solving and attaining other highly-desired outcomes central to well-being. In short, positive psychology is the scientific study of the strengths and virtues that enable individuals and communities to thrive. It is a rich and growing field aligned perfectly with coaching.
This insightful 2-Day Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring Masterclass aims to equip you with the skills, toolkits and mindset for you to coach, counsel or mentor your direct reports.
In this workshop, you will learn what makes psychology-based coaching approaches uniquely effective in striving towards well-being and success. You will cultivate core coaching skills so that you can reap benefits in many dimensions of life, especially at the workplace and home.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to enhance the performance of the team.
- Understanding Values: Positive Coaching &Mentoring through alues
- Operationalizing the W.H.A.T. Model developed by Dr Christopher Fong
- Understanding the P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. aspects of measuring Coaching & Mentoring
- A Systemic Perspective Approach to Problem Solving
- Aligning to Values for greater success and sustainability
- Use appropriate feedback techniques to provide feedback on progress and performance.
- Identify underlying causes of conflict in interpersonal relationships.
- Render help to those involved in conflicts to identify mutually beneficial solutions
Who Should Attend?
Positive Psychology Coaching and Mentoring is essential for
- Human Resource Professionals working in Employee Engagement and Learning & Development.
- Managers, Business leaders, Head-of-Department seeking to enhance their coaching and mentoring skills with a scientifically-proven, evidence-based coaching practice.
- Team leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Mentors who need to be workplace coaches to help their workplace team members to reach their fullest potential and be the best they can be.
- Academics, Trainers and Coaches
Dr Christopher Fong
Chris has a distinguished career in strategic leadership and coaching that spans over 2 decades. He was appointed National Fellow to the Singapore Ministry of Social and Family and advised the total capability framework of the social service professionals to include mentoring sector leaders and those in the leadership pipeline. In addition, he was the Principal Researcher for the nationwide study on fathers at the workplace. His findings have impacted government and business organisations to review their current pro-family and work-life friendly policies. He has also trained sector leaders in multicultural issues in cross-cultural marriages and clinical case formulations from a multicultural perspective. He earned his Doctorate Degree in Professional Studies(Practice Research) in 2015 and is also a member of the prestigious American Psychological Association (APA).
As a strong advocator for practice-based research, Chris contributes actively by speaking at international conferences and is a thought leader on multicultural and diversity issues and its impact across organisational matrix and businesses. His evidence-based framework that measures culture has since been published and taught across various universities. As an international award-winning orchestra conductor turned psychologist, Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from the concert hall to the corporate boardroom.
“(Learning via Zoom) Very good. The facilitator was engaging and was able to get people to participate. He is open with his struggles thus making it a safe space for people to share about theirs. Yes, I would recommend this course especially for those who need to coach or mentor others in their work. Even if you don’t need to, it’s also useful for those who are parents.” Yvonne, Senior Manager – Ministry of Social and Family Development
“Wonderful experience using Zoom. Chris is a friendly and approachable trainer with genuine sharing. Very insightful.” Kek Wee, Singapore Prison Service
“Staff was very efficient to assist. No issues with Zoom. The trainer was extremely candid, no big words and extremely comprehensive to my knowledge. He has done fantastic planning of the course contents. I am excited to apply it to my work.” Madeleine, Programme Coordinator – Raffles College of Higher Education Pte. Ltd.
“I love it. I prefer learning and training online. You would be able to pick up knowledge on psychology and personality interpretations from the trainer. I have gained insights about myself and also useful knowledge to better understand and analyse family, friends and colleagues.” Shamila, Deputy Director – MHA
“No problem with ZOOM, it is a great virtual/media tool. A good experience for me as a Merdeka Generation Old Guard. Dr. Fong, is truly a professional and experienced trainer and facilitator. I would certainly recommend him highly to my community for future courses. I will recommend this course to my colleagues and friends as it will be very beneficial in supplementing and strengthening their knowledge, skills and aptitude in their careers.” Chris, SportPsych Consulting
“He knows his work very well and is very adaptive to meet learning needs.” Cynthia, Principal Master Teachers – Academy of Singapore Teachers
This course consists of 2 Days that focuses on equipping participants with both the theory and application of positive psychology coaching at work.
Coaching to Clarify Expectations
• How to encourage everyone in the organization to take responsibility for clarifying expectations.
• How to communicate your expectations clearly and specifically.
• How to listen to others and negotiate a fair set of expectations with them.
Positive Coaching to Build Skills
• How to avoid mistakes that coaches make when attempting to build skills.
• How to use a four-step technique for building a particular skill
• How to explain tasks simply and clearly.
• How to demonstrate a task and have the employee practice it.
• How to provide feedback on the employee’s progress.
Positive Coaching to Enhance Confidence
• How to identify if a person has a low level of confidence.
• How to build someone’s confidence using positive coaching techniques.
• How to challenge a person’s negative self-perceptions.
• How to offer concrete help.
Positive Coaching to Encourage Flexibility
• How to understand and respond appropriately to people’s psychological reactions to change.
• How to explore concerns that people may have about change.
• How to help someone alter their negative perceptions about a change.
• How to understand the importance of flexibility.
Positive Coaching to Resolve Conflict
• How to avoid the wasted time and effort caused by conflict
• How to break a conflict spiral
• How to gain cooperation and commitment
• How to generate creative solutions that result in mutual satisfaction.
Positive Coaching to Develop Motivation
• How to tell if someone is suffering from poor motivation
• How to avoid the most common mistake people make when trying to motivate someone else.
• How to coach someone to take responsibilities for motivating themselves.
Positive Mentoring Skills
• Seven types of Mentors assistance
• Growth influences
• Shifting context
• Envisioning outcomes
• Productive confrontation
Special Mentoring Situations
• New areas for mentoring
• Identifying special issues
• Cross-gender mentoring
• Cross-cultural mentoring
• Mentoring by a Supervisor or Manager