New York Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring Strategy 2 Day Masterclass
As one of Asia’s leading financial hubs, Singapore is filled with M&A and corporate restructuring opportunities. This intensive, highly practical and interactive Mergers and Acquisitions Masterclass will provide you a thorough understanding of strategy, finance, valuation and legal issues. You will walk away with a thorough understanding of all sides of the topic and fully prepared to meet challenges. Using real-world examples, you will learn critical topics in the M&A process, growth and restructuring, and value-creating and value-destroying M&As and divestitures. You will get a chance to review real-life successes and failures through relevant case studies and discussion. You will also acquire knowledge to develop a portfolio of proven M&A strategies and valuation models.
Lead Facilitator: Professor Luis J. Hall (PhD, New York University)
In today’s “winner takes all” business environment, companies who fail to understand the new challenges of globalization, face not only loss in business opportunities, but risk of hostile takeovers and even extinction. Likewise, companies who venture into M&A face many pitfalls that could lead to huge investment losses. Taught by internationally renowned M&A Expert: Professor Luis Hall (PhD, NYU) who will map out a step-by-step guide to the merger and acquisition process, from identifying bona fide prospects, to structuring the best deal, to determining the financing currency for the M&A deal.
Professor Luis J. Hall received his M.A. and Ph.D. from New York University. As an international financial market expert and leading economist, Professor. Hall held previous positions in the New York State Banking Department, as external researcher for the World Bank and Inter-American Developing Bank and formerly taught at New York University. He has been a consultant for several global banks focusing his research primarily on financial sector restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions, credit and credit default. Professor Hall is also globally consulted on his view on the Euro Market debt crisis and sovereign credit risk assessment. Professor Hall has been the recipient of several government research grants and has co-authored articles on numerous research publications. His current research interests lies in advanced corporate finance, sovereign risk, interest rate, international economics and international financial markets.
A 2 Day Masterclass for Business Owners, Directors and CXOs
As one of Asia’s leading financial hubs, Singapore is filled with M&A and corporate restructuring opportunities. This intensive, highly practical and interactive Mergers and Acquisitions Masterclass will provide you a thorough understanding of strategy, finance, valuation and legal issues. You will walk away with a thorough understanding of all sides of the topic and fully prepared to meet challenges.
Using real-world examples, you will learn critical topics in the M&A process, growth and restructuring, and value-creating and value-destroying M&As and divestitures. You will get a chance to review real-life successes and failures through relevant case studies and discussion. You will also acquire knowledge to develop a portfolio of proven M&A strategies and valuation models.
Enhance Your M&A capabilities through the development of a disciplined and holistic process for acquiring and integrating new resources and skills
- Understand what drives companies to grow or restructure their business portfolio
- The importance of clearly articulating enterprise strategy before embarking on merger or acquisition activity
- Step by Step Guide to process for evaluating potential merger and acquisition candidates
- How to conduct cross national due diligence
- Understand how M&A targets are identified and valued, including real options
- Learn how you can repel unwanted attacks and takeover offers.
- Industry Best Practice and creative ways of financing acquisitions
- Identify & overcome the key regulatory issues affecting M&A transactions
- Understand how to bridge valuation gaps and real options valuation
- Develop a financial model to evaluate opportunities so you have a tool you can always use to help you make better decisions
- Understanding the pitfalls and reasons why most deals fail and only some are successful are laid out, so you can learn from others past mistakes and prevent you from making the same mistakes
- Discover alternatives for structuring and financing transactions so you give yourself more choices
- Understand the key accounting and tax issues commonly confronted
On Day 1, you will learn the rationale of M&A, how synergies are identified and computed, the key success factors in M&A, the various valuation methodologies and acquisition financing methods will be explained and illustrated.
On Day 2, you will learn the advanced techniques of Leveraged Buyouts, how buyouts are originated and are executed, the strategies of some of the leading private equity buyout funds. Role of the major investment banks like Goldman Sachs. Deal structuring, regulatory methods and due diligence techniques will also be covered.
Who Should Attend?
The Masterclass will benefit: acquirers, target companies, banks, regulatory agencies and hedge funds wishing to employ risk arbitrage investment strategies.
- CEOs, CFOs, corporate treasurers and board members of companies
- Investment bankers
- Commercial bankers to gain knowledge of acquisition financing techniques
- Private Equity players including sovereign wealth funds wishing to understand buyouts
- Consultants and advisory firms
- Private bankers, wealth managers and securities analysts
- Hedge fund managers wanting to engage in merger/risk arbitrage
- Lawyers wishing to understand the financial logic of M&A and buyouts
- Government regulators: ministries of finance, central bank & stock market regulators
- Risk managers
- Structured finance professionals
- CFA Charter holders, Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries
Innovative Ideas and techniques will be illustrated using case studies, emerging markets and the advanced countries. Participants will be sent case studies in advance to maximize interaction during the Masterclass
“Prof. Luis Hall had made this session challenging and the content was easy to understand! Very enlightening indeed! Thank you for the wonderful sharing” Managing Director, Globaltraco International
“This program had brought me through a thinking process of the enhancing the current practices to a more effective method. It is good to go through a program with a knowledgeable and interactive trainer. Great job, Prof. Hall!” Finance Director, Regnum Corporate Services
Tremendously impressed with Prof. Hall’s excellent combination of theoretical & practical knowledge. Always difficult to find & take time out of office / work – this was an absolutely valuable use of time!” CEO, SG Fujitsu
M&A Rationale Acquisition Financing
- Types and evaluation process
- Bridge Loans, Term Loans,
Synergies: Identification and Computation
- Cash Shell, SPAC’s
- Structures: Asset Purchase & Share
- Financing Terms Acquisition
- M&A Successes and Failures
- Key Success Factors in M&A
- Case studies
• The Sale Processes
- Acquisition price & valuation
• Negotiated methodologies
• Controlled Auction – Advantages
• Intrinsic value
• The Tender Process
Precedent transactions & relevance of book
• How value is maximized values
• Contingent value rights
• Purchase price adjustments
Attack and Defense in M&A
• Regulatory Frameworks & FDI Regulations
• Hedge Fund Activism
• Takeover Codes
• Case studies
• Tactics Playing by the Rules of M&A
• Hedge funds: Merger/Risk Arbitrage
• Rationale and Financing Structures
M&A Due Diligence
• Mezzanine Capital
• Purpose and Methods
• Strategies of KKR, Blackstone,
• Results of Due Diligence
• Carlyle, Bain Capital
• Strategic Due Diligence
• Financial & Other Due Diligence
Private Equity (PE) Players in M&A and Buyouts
• How PE plays the M&A game
• Sovereign Wealth Funds in M&A
• Case studies