Multiple Intelligences: We are Smarter than We Think (LIVE Stream)
Using Multiple Intelligence Theory (MIT) to Discover You and Your Staff’s Hidden Talent
Harvard Professor Howard Gardner’s brilliant conception of individual competence, known as Multiple Intelligences theory, has changed the face of learning and development. Professor Howard Gardner (Harvard University) has identified eight intelligences including musical–rhythmic, visual–spatial, verbal–linguistic, logical–mathematical, bodily kinaesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalistic. In recent years, MIT can potentially include existential intelligence and pedagogical intelligence too. Tens of thousands of educators, parents, and researchers have explored the practical implications and applications of this powerful notion, that there is not one type of intelligence but several, ranging from musical intelligence to the intelligence involved in self-understanding. Today, thousands of people have benefited from this revolutionary research.
Expanding Our Perspectives and Empowering Others Through Multiple Intelligences
Would you like to help yourself and your staff identify their dominant intelligence, build a diverse team of different intelligence, find ways to help them optimize their learning. With the knowledge of multiple intelligence, instead of just IQ and EQ, we can now create a better learning environment and drive higher productivity at work. As managers and leaders, knowing the ‘intelligence’ of each member of the team will greatly enhance the overall team effectiveness and efficiency in a much ‘happier and productive’ environment. With Multiple Intelligences you reach these goals AND boost achievement by meeting the strengths and learning needs of each of your team members.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to transform Your Team; improve your mastery, fostering Stronger Team using M.I.T
- Introduction to M.I.T, its practical applications and benefits to individual and organizations.
- Identify your strengths using Multiple Intelligence profiling assessment
- Understand your dominant personality Intelligence and your other blends
- Learn to ‘read’ the personality & intelligence Traits of your colleagues, friends and family
- Know the Strength and weakness of each Intelligence style
- Give your team the opportunity to show how smart they really are
- Learn how to communicate effectively to different intelligence styles
- Use practical tools to strengthen your dominant intelligence for maximum effectiveness
- Learn ways to ascertain the likely MI of your team members
- Create a fun, low-stress learning and productive environment
- Develop plans, tools, and frameworks to support the diverse learners among us
- Explore ways to increase engagement at workplace via MI
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, Learning and Development, HR Professionals, Educators, individuals who wants to discover and unleash their hidden intelligence
- Executives, entrepreneurs and individuals who is keen to “better” their leadership abilities and harness their team’s talents in the workplace.
- HOD that wants to create a sustainable high-performance team who enjoys working towards common goals together.
Nichole facilitated the programmes well and the participants enjoyed the sessions. It has been a pleasure working with her. Several participants shared that they had benefited and acquired more insight on leadership styles, communication skills as well as team formation and dynamics. They also shared appreciation for the trainers and level of engagement/interaction through activities and discussions.
Tan Mei Ling, Former Assistant Director (Training Evaluation, Review & Management) Joint Training Centre, Home Team Academy
I very much like the trainer, she is very open and bring all information in easy way. I didn’t feel tired after such a long time
Viktoriya Klyukina, Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
Very engaging and gave us tips on better observational skills to better accommodate in the working environment
Participant, National Library Board
Personal Mastery Coach: Ms Nichole Yeo
Nichole’s area of specialisation is in Leadership, Communication and Personal Mastery. Her wealth of experiences stems from her role as an Associate Director in National University of Singapore, Office of Alumni Relations from 2011 to 2016.
Leading a team of eight members, she brought along record breaking event turnout for three consecutive years. To meet the corporate mission of increasing the engagement level of alumni, she led in the organisation of events of different nature, from family day of 6000 participants to forum of 300. Besides the experience in public relations, volunteer management and project management, she had the opportunity to work in Bangkok and led a group of Thai team members to executive a wealth seminar. By leading a foreign team, she came to appreciate the differences in culture and importance of body language in communication. Having to do sales previews personally to market the seminar, she had gained confidence in public speaking and developed audience engagement skillset.
Some of Nicole’s Corporate clients includes: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Home Team Academy, Singapore Police Force, Jurong Port, Skillsfuture SG just to name a few.
- Introduction to the Multiple Intelligence Theory (MIT)
- Background of MIT
- MIT and Learning Styles – what is the difference?
- Definitions – Nine Intelligences
- Assessing the MI around you
- Applying MIT – incorporating MI at workplace
- Review of the Day