Mindful Leadership: Transforming Self and Inspiring Others
The hallmark of an influential and inspirational leader is one who has the ability to comprehend how their actions and behaviors positively or negatively impact others. Mindful Leaders have the ability to create an atmosphere of calm in the midst of chaos and exponential change for themselves and other. Mindful leaders can also help the team to achieve focus and clarity, reduce stress, and develop the presence of mind to meet any number of challenges.
Become a true leader through Mindfulness
Mindful Leadership are the “must have skills” for modern leaders–yet many professionals are too stressed to know where to start. Creating Mindful Leaders provides deep insights and easy practices based in neuroscience, brain training and positive psychology to help professionals thrive in the “age of disruption.”
In this ground breaking 1 Day ‘Mindful Leadership’ workshop, you’ll learn how to draw on inner reserves through mindfulness meditation, a tool you can use to achieve focus and clarity, reduce stress, and develop the presence of mind to meet any number of challenges. It provides a roadmap to greater health, happiness and performance. It speaks to every professional wanting to reduce stress, achieve greater success and enjoy life more. It will also challenge you to reflect on your own biases, attitudes, and assumptions and recognize the validity of other perspectives, reducing the personalizing stance that causes a victim mentality and exacerbates office politics.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand how to practice Mindful Leadership effectively
- Leverage on empathy and compassion to lead others
- Be more aware of your thoughts and emotions, and use the power of self-reflection to be a more mindful leader
- Understand the causes of mental fatigue, agitation and restlessness, and learn how to overcome them
- How effective managers use the various strategies of mindfulness and mindful practises to create better choices in life
- Encourage yourself and others to grow in life, mindfully
Who should attend?
Business owners, Leaders, managers and supervisors who want to develop and exercise mindful leadership in leading, managing and working with others in their organisations.
The participants will be led through a series of talks and exercises and discussions around the subject of mindful leadership. By the end of the day they will be familiar with the key practices needed to continue their practice of mindful leadership in daily life. Recordings of the main mindfulness practices, and further relevant reading materials will be provided.
Toby Ouvry Founder and Head Coach at IMA | Mindfulness Facilitator at INSEAD
Toby is a meditation and mindfulness coach with over 20 years of experience, including 5 years as an ordained Buddhist monk and author of the book “Engaged Mindfulness”. Toby delivers mindful leadership workshops for corporate clients and also facilitate the mindfulness program for INSEAD MBA, staff and faculty. His passion is empowering people and organizations to greater levels of capability, effectiveness, creativity and wellbeing through the applied practice of mindfulness and self-awareness.
“I very much enjoyed the workshop. The basic sequence of practices are very clear and make much more “sense” to me than some of the other approaches to meditation that I’ve tried before. Now I feel motivated to keep meditating”
“Excellent! Good combination of theory and practice. Very interesting theory, a well rounded and good basis. Great workshop, great tools and techniques learned, thank you!”
“Based on my experience I would recommend coaching with Toby to anyone, who would like to develop a mindfulness-practice, move an existing practice to the next level, develop better stress-management techniques, acquire a deeper understanding of emotions and how they can better work for oneself”.
- An introduction to mindful Leadership
- Understanding current challenges
- How to start practising mindfulness and self-awareness
- Leveraging the power of mindful leadership
- Barriers to mindful leadership
- Tools for a mindful practise – including mindfulness, introspection and many others
- Building rapport and presence as a leader
- Leading and Influencing Others mindfully
- The role of Positive Psychology in relation to mindful leadership