Microsoft Excel 2013 Basics For Business Analysis And Reporting
Your Challenge: How to replace manual tracking of business data to automated reports
Do you want to learn how to:
- Easily identify data trends using graphs or charts?
- Quickly store, sort, and analyze large amounts of data/information?
- Perform mathematical operations with ease?
Replacing manual tracking of business data to automated templates will make it easy for you to monitor financial performance, such as business profit or loss, calculate payments on large purchases, plan a budget, or stay organized with checklists.
Our Solution: MS Excel 2013 tips and tricks
Microsoft Excel is one of the most powerful tools in Microsoft Office Suite of Microsoft Office application. This application is used intensively to keep track of important data that drives the business. You can use Microsoft Excel to manage all your business data such as maintain customer lists,Â create employee scheduling, prepare Financial Statements, find business templates, calculate the costs of your business using formulas, and prepare impressive business reports.
This workshop will prepare you to start using Excel on your own. Throughout the course, you will learn interesting and useful tips and tricks to allow you work more efficiently with Excel.
- Find ready-made templates online for free and create your own customized templates.
- Prepare Income Statements, Cash Flows Statements and Balance Sheet.
- Formatting reports using conditional formatting rules and styles.
- Calculating the costs of doing business with financial formulas.
- Create interactive charts with business data stored in an Excel Table.
- Summarize business data with interactive PivotTable and PivotChart.
Who Will Benefit Most
- Business owners who run a small to medium sized businesses will be able to replace manual business data tracking processes with interactive Excel analysis and reports.
- Managers or new employees who want to learn how to summarize business data and paves the way to put it into meaningful and useful reports.
- Delegates who intend to increase their work productivity with effective and time saving data analysis skills.
“Well done Valene! Really enjoy this class. You have been very patient and helpful” – Manager, Prudential Assurance
“Excellent! I will definitely recommend this workshop” – Manager, National Police
MS Excel Expert and Microsoft Certified Trainer: Valene Ang
Valene Ang is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Master Instructor of Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). She brings with her 20 years’ experience in corporate training and consultancy. Valene has a broad experience in customizing Microsoft Office training programs, developing customized course outline and course material, assisting corporate clients in business data analysis and providing dynamic report solutions.
She had conducted many Microsoft Office workshops in Singapore and Malaysia. Her training focuses on providing practical solutions to real life Excel problems. As a Certified Trainer, Ms Ang has trained hundreds of executives, managers and directors from across medium sized organisations, government offices and multinational companies. Some of her high profile clients including PSA International, DFS Galleria Singapore, Neptune Orient Lines Limited (NOL), National Environment Agency (NEA), Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), CPF Board, Public Utility Board (PUB), Canadian High Commission, British High Commission, Temasek Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Baxter Healthcare Pte. Ltd, and many more.
1. Working with Excel Worksheets
1.1. Selection and Navigation
1.2. Duplicate and Move Worksheet
1.3. Modify Data on Multiple Worksheets Concurrently
1.4. Add Header and Footer to Worksheets
1.5. Add Negative Sign to Numbers with Paste Special
1.6. Use AutoFill to Fill Data Automatically
1.7. Use Flash Fill to Convert, Combine and Split Text
1.8. Useful Excel Shortcut Keys
2. Working with Excel Templates
2.1. Download Online Business Templates
2.2. Create Customized Templates for Sharing
2.3. Enhancing Formatting with Cell Styles
2.4. Change Overall Worksheets Design with Themes
2.5. Hide Details of Statement with Auto Outline
3. Working with Formulas and Functions
3.1. Create Formulas Using Cell References
3.2. Copy and Paste only the Formula
3.3. Paste Link Worksheets Formulas
3.4. Paste Link Workbooks Formulas
3.5. Use Statistical Functions to Summarize Numbers
3.6. Use Text Function to Format Numbers, Date and Time 3.7. Use Date and Time Functions to Display Specific Date
4. Working with Quick Analysis Tools
4.1. Apply Conditional Formatting
4.2. Manage Conditional Formatting Rules
4.3. Use Recommended Charts
4.4. Add Chart Elements
4.5. Apply Chart Styles and Chart Filters
4.6. Calculate Totals Automatically
4.7. Convert Data Range to Table
4.8. Sort and Filter Data in Table
4.9. Create In-Cell Charts with Sparklines
5. Working with PivotTables
5.1. Introduction to PivotTable
5.2. Create PivotTable from Excel Table
5.3. Format and Customize PivotTable
5.4. Change Summary Functions
5.5. Filter PivotTable Data
5.6. Sort PivotTable Data
6. Working with PivotChart
6.1. Introduction to PivotChart
6.2. Create PivotChart from Excel Table
6.3. Create PivotChart from PivotTable
6.4. Format and Customize PivotChart