Managing Up: How to Work Effectively with Different Types of Supervisors and Bosses
You’ve heard it said and you know it’s true: People don’t quit jobs, they quit bosses.
Having a healthy, positive relationship with your boss and senior is critical to workplace success — it’s also essential for your mental well-being and your career progression. Hence it’s important that you learn the critical skills needed to develop highly effective working relationships with your peers, managers and supervisors.
Success and satisfaction at work requires strong and respectful hierarchical relationships. On average, most people spent more time and energy reporting to people above them than having people report to them.
In this 1 Day Workshop, you will develop a deeper understanding of the cooperation and collaboration between people at different levels of power. You will also learn the essential skills to create a productive and effective partnership with your colleagues, seniors and managers. Through relatable discussions and engaging role plays, you will be exposed to useful tips and effective techniques on how to foster stronger working relationships for good communication, collaboration and cooperation.
Using Real life case studies, participants will learn actionable skills on the following:
- Learn about the different generations at the workplace and their work ethics and expectations
- Develop effective strategies for working with their Managers
- Understand Personality preferences based on leadership styles of their Manager
- Increase mutual trust and respect amongst colleagues, supervisors and managers
- Manage their own professional success
- Learn how to set expectations and establish clear and concise communication
- Practice Feed-Forward and Effective Confrontations when faced with difficult situations at work Develop robust relationships with influential people
- Build true, lasting connections by developing your self-awareness and become more adaptable
- Interpersonal Skills & Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability
- Problem Solving & Conflict Management
- Team Building
- Developing Others
Who Should Attend?
- Supervisors, Senior officers and Executive & Emerging Managers
- Millennials, Graduates, Early Career Individuals, New Employees, Young managers.
- Team leaders, managers, HOD, business owners whom wants to gain a deeper understanding of working effectively with their team
ASEAN Millennial Specialist | Author of Empowering Millennials: Vivek Iyyani
VIVEK IYYANI helps organisations prepare for the future. He trains Leaders to understand the Millennial generation better so that they can work productively in intergenerational teams, leveraging on one another’s strengths. Vivek is also a Certified MBTI Personality Profiling Profiler; TetraMap Personality Profiling Certified Profiler and experienced Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner.
He has coached and works with numerous business owners and directors from a wide range of industries to identify their ‘Employer Brand’ across SMEs, MNCs and Non-Profit Organisations that depend on attracting, recruiting, retaining and engaging talents. Vivek is also the proud author of Empowering Millennials: The 5 Step Sequence to design a life of Fun, Freedom & Fortune.
“Vivek is one trainer that i highly recommend. He really deliver great content with eloquence and his perspective on millennials part was really fantastic. If you and your team want to have more motivation to achieve greater result, I recommend you meet Vivek.”
“No doubt that Vivek has a unique ability to reach the Millenials. His dedication and passion can be seen from his effectiveness in coaching and motivating this very important group of future leaders in ASEAN. Keep it up Vivek!”
Introduction & Ice Breakers
- 10 Spokes – Game on Perception
- Different generations at the workforce
- Differences in Work Ethics, Experiences and Expectations by generation
Common bias/misconceptions of young workers/leaders
- The psychology of Conflict
- How to deal with difficult situations
- Introduction to In-The-Box Framework
Resolving Common Misperception and conflicts at work
- How to develop Empathy for your Manager
- How to Step into Others’ Shoes Model
Introduction to the 5A Framework
3 Important Leadership Competencies
- Mindset to embrace
- Skillsets to acquire
- Toolsets to manage
Asian Cultural Norms when dealing with seniors/peers in your team
Recap & Feedback