The Leader as Storyteller Workshop™: Using Storytelling to Connect, Captivate and Influence Your Audience
The Proven Secret Weapon for Cross-Cultural Communication
Successful Business Leaders Use Stories to Connect, Engage and Inspire the Stakeholders
Magic storytelling can surprise everyone and make us feel emotionally connected through meaningful moments. Powerful stories move people and lead to action. It sticks in our minds and help us remember ideas and concepts way better that PowerPoints and traditional business plans.
Learn Simple Powerful Storytelling Techniques to Captivate Your Audience as Part of Your Corporate Strategy
The power of storytelling allows you to get messages across seamlessly and emotionally engage and drive change in your organisation. This one-day Storytelling Leadership Programme is designed for working professionals who have ambitious to get real ability to influence, build engagement and finally inspire their people to take action with deep senses of purpose in compliance with corporate strategy.
Facilitated by internationally renowned Persuasion Doctor, Mr David Goldwich, it is designed to equip you with the capability and confidence to tap on the power of stories in your day-to-day activities to inspire and lead your team.
An outstanding leader will use stories to:
- Build credibility and rapport with your audience
- Explain what their interests are, to disarm skeptics and build trust
- Communicate their vision, generate buy-in and inspire others
- Give feedback, motivate, and change behaviour, without giving advice or commands
- Teach important lessons and communicate key personal and organizational values
Using multiple story templates for different occasions, you will have a chance to craft and develop your own stories and learn simple techniques to bring your stories to life
- Communicate and get your message across all stakeholders
- Use the right kind of story at the right time in different situations
- Drive change, promote positive learning and inspire Innovation
- Motivate, and guide, without giving commands and micro management
- Convert lessons and experience into stories that sticks
- Begin a process of personal reflection that is necessary to find and share stories that motivate, entertain and inspire
You will leave with well-crafted personal stories for your company/product/service and more importantly the ability to begin engaging your stakeholders with confidence, clarity and conviction.
Who Should Attend?
“We all enjoyed the class. David, you really made the whole class feel at the ease and I found everyone so relaxed, responsive and interactive. Thank you for coaching us.” – Mary, Senior Tax Officer
“Thank you for your wonderful and powerful program, our colleagues gave excellent feedback. They were inspired.” – Michael, Assistant Director, Learning & Career Development
- What is a story?
- Elements of a story
- What purposes stories can serve
- Using stories in business
- Types of stories: Story templates for leaders:
- Who I am
- My company and brand
- Teaching and sharing knowledge
- Transmitting values
- Future, vision, and change
- Bringing stories to life
- Examples of stories in action
- Crafting and telling your own stories
The Persuasion Doctor: David Goldwich
As a highly sought after consultant, David uses simulations, role play, skits, and interactive sessions to help participants learn and improve their skills, he has delivered customized training to many organizations across Asia, David also appears frequently on radio, and hosted a television talk show. David is also the author of Why Did the Chicken Cross the Roadand Kickass Business Presentations
Kiss Ass Business Presentation Book
This new book was written for business presenters who face tough, discriminating audiences. The focus is on substance and impact. It is ideal for managers who present to no-nonsense bosses, salespeople who present to doubting prospects, entrepreneurs who present to venture capitalists and lawyers who present to judges, juries, and government bodies.