Effective Interview Techniques to Hire the Right Candidates (LIVE Stream)
What is the price for a “Wrong Hire”?
According of the U.S Department of Labour, the cost of a bad hire is at least 30% of the employee’s first-year salary! Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh once estimated that bad hires had cost the company “well over USD 100 million”.
Though some of us may not be convinced on the huge cost of wrong hire, we have definitely experienced the “toxicity” and the “pain” of having the staff of wrong fit in our organisation. Likewise, we also have positive experience of having high performance individuals in our organisation. So, how can we optimise our chances of recruiting a “gem”, should we employ someone who fits the job or fits the organisation culture?
This workshop is designed to share with you the framework and processes from planning, execution of the hiring process starting from sourcing to the final offering of the employment contract, and effective interview techniques.
By the end of this 1-Day high impact workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the cost of hiring the WRONG Candidates and the benefits of Hiring the RIGHT candidates
- Learn the 4-Step Interview Process of Hiring the “Right” Person
- Learn the differences between Competency-Based Questions, Performance-Based Questions and Scenario-Based Questions
- Plan relevant interview questions in line with your organization’s Vision, Mission, Values and Job Scope
- Apply the Interview Process through role play practices
Who Should Attend
HR Recruiting Team, HR Managers, HR Business Partners, Hiring Supervisors/Managers, Line Managers or anyone in the organization who wants to improve their interviewing skills.
- Interactive presentation
- Individual/Pair/Group – Games and Activities
- Role Plays and Discussion
- Facilitated Discussions
Our Trainer’s Profile
Nichole Yeo, Master Trainer & Career Coach
- Certified Skillsfuture Advisory Trainer
- Certified Career Consultant
- WSG Career Advisory Programme
- Certified Master DISC Trainer
- Certified NLP Coach by American Board of NLP
- Certified Time-Line Therapy Trainer by Time-Line Therapy Association
- Certified Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Facilitator
- Certified Practitioner Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Nichole’s area of specialisation is in leadership, communication skills and personal mastery. Her wealth of experiences stems from her role as an Associate Director in National University of Singapore, Office of Alumni Relations from 2011 to 2016.
Leading a team of eight members, she brought along record breaking event turnout for three consecutive years. To meet the corporate mission of increasing the engagement level of alumni, she led in the organisation of events of different nature, from family day of 6000 participants to dialogues/forums of 300 Pax.
As a SkillsFuture Advisor and Career Coach, she has helped organizations and hundreds of individuals in their career development, preparing them on how to Ace an Interview.
She has also conducted training and workshops in areas of leadership to organizations such as Home Team Academy, Petro-Diamond Singapore.
Past clients include GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Home Team Academy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Jurong Port, National Heritage Board, National Library, Skillsfuture SG and Lasalle School College of the Arts.