Executive Certificate in International Corporate Finance
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 10, 11, 17, 18 October 2020
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
In today’s rapidly changing turbulent business environment, corporate financial decision such as Strategic Investments, Mergers and Acquisitions, international Financing, Financial Risk Management and business Valuation are extremely complex and challenging. To succeed and take your knowledge of corporate finance to the next level, finance professionals need a solid understanding of these international complexities.
This international corporate finance course will explore solutions for your 21st century finance challenges including business partnering, risk governance and financial leveraging. It will introduce the structure and components of an organisation’s financial capital. You will apply appropriate tools and techniques to financial data, such as gearing and liquidity ratio analysis and interpret financial statements and stock market indices to evaluate capital structure, working capital and the cost of capital. It will also explore key concepts and framework used in strategic decision making and provides students with the necessary tools and skills to successfully undertake strategic management in organisations operating in a domestic and international context. Through dynamic learning and assessment strategy, you will develop your understanding of the role played by international capital markets in the sourcing of finance by multinational companies.
- Gain confidence and skills in your financial decisions knowing you have covered all the perspectives of international corporate finance.
- Increased Shareholder values with more informed and precise corporate financial decision
- Enhance your professional credential and delivers more value to your organization by applying the latest international financial tools
- Minimise the effects of market volatility on your portfolio through effective risk management to achieve greater returns.
- Deepen your knowledge of global financial market and improve your finance capabilities and valuation skills
- Enhance your professional skills set. Make better investment, financing and pay-out decisions in an international context
- Examine the broader environmental, political, and social landscape in which you operate, including the role of government, investors, and customers.
- Ensure effective performance evaluation using appropriate measurements and benchmarking.
- Determine what you can do in your career to become a performance-driven leader.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for
- CFOs, CXOs board members, financial controllers, Finance Managers
- Consultants and investment bankers and other senior executives who want to deepen their knowledge of corporate finance.
Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer at Capital Asia Investments, Kevin Ho
Kevin has over 22 years in wealth and asset management. He is currently Managing Director & Chief Investment Officer at Capital Asia Investments. A former Head of Asian Sovereign Wealth at ABN AMRO Asset Management and SVP of Wealth Management Advisory at HSBC, Kevin was also currency desk head at Citibank and a Floor Trader in the Nikkei 225 Futures pit in SIMEX (SGC-DT).
Kevin has facilitated financial training for about 18 years, in subjects such as portfolio management, trading strategies, advisory sales, asset liability matching and wealth management. Kevin holds a Master of Science in Finance from the City University of New York, and is actively involved as Board Member of several large non-profit organisations in Singapore in the Finance, Technology & Training space.
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: Key Structure and components of financial capital
Topic 3: Deciphering macroeconomic policy: International Corporate equity and debt
Topic 4: Gearing and liquidity ratio analysis
Topic 5: Corporate Finance Strategy
Topic 6: Evaluate capital structure, working capital and the cost of capital
Topic 7: Understanding investment portfolio theory, investor behaviour
Topic 8: Financial risk management in evaluating global financial transactions.
Topic 9: International capital markets & other source of finance
Topic 10: Strategy Execution
Topic 11: Reflection