Impromptu Speaking with Confidence, Conviction and Clarity
"The Impromptu Reply is precisely the Touchstone of the Man of Wit" Moliere
The Challenge: How to Perform a Clear and Engaging Speech Off the Cuff
Giving a presentation and speaking in public can be a daunting task for some and one which doesn’t come naturally. Even confident people can find giving presentations nerve racking. What more if you are unexpectedly called upon to address a group, respond to questions, or offer your views without advance notice?
☞ How often were you caught unprepared and panicked when asked to speak your views on the spot?
☞ Do you start to tremble when you’re asked to speak up during work meetings?
☞ Are your impromptu answers lack structure and clarity?
☞ Do you struggle to engage people with your stories when public speaking off the cuff?
Turn yourself into an Impromptu Speaker who Can Communicate Without Fear
We do notice some of our friends or colleagues who never flustered in these situations. Their thoughts seem to be well organised, their language precise and their message clear. They seem to know exactly what words to use before they even speak. They answer questions smoothly and confidently.
Speaking “off the cuff” is a unique skill and it’s actually one you can improve with practice. This course is designed to help you become a more effective and confident public speaker. Learn how to supplement your prepared speeches with clear and concise informal remarks.
Key Takeaways - Simple Techniques to Speak Confidently and Clearly
Learn powerful techniques for collecting your thoughts quickly and speaking convincingly in public. Once you master the system, you will grow immensely as a public speaker, become a better storyteller in a circle of friends and be more creative in everyday life.
- Neutralize the fear of speaking before a group using simple formulas to be more likeable and memorable.
- Organise your thoughts quickly and calmly before speaking and exude confidence (even if you’re nervous!)
- Understand, align and connect with your audience by projecting your vocal and body language for maximum impact
- Be a trusted aide to your supervisor and express yourself like an expert by explaining complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Must have techniques on how to organize your thoughts to deliver clear and convincing message in a split second.
- Use imagery and gestures as visual aid of powerful communicators to bolster your message
- Handle challenging questions and emotional conversations professionally without emotions and anger
Who Should Attend
- This course is particularly useful for executives and officers who speak in front of groups and various stakeholders.
- Managers, supervisors, department heads, team leaders, sales and business development executives, lawyers, accountants, engineers, civil servants, educators, and anyone seeking to improve their impromptu skills.
- Sales, marketing, business development and PR professionals with some prior experience seeking to sharpen their communication and presentation skills will also benefit from new insights and communication techniques.
“Excellent course. Great delivery and trainer was concise and succinct during the presentation. High level key values that make an impact rather than minute details which would be forgotten or lost over time. Thanks, David!” – Hock Jin, Senior Network Engineer
“Interesting trainer, able to capture the attention of the class and spice up the atmosphere for conducive learning. David’s explanation, in the form of stories, helped in driving in the points. It was excellent, and I highly appreciate it.”- Surajit, Senior Manager
“Each and everyone are given equal opportunities and time to present on impromptu topics. I never knew I could do it. Now I am more confident with David’s teaching. I will recommend this course to colleagues who need to conduct briefs and teachings” – Ms Cindy, Assistant VP – City Developments Limited
The Persuasion Doctor: David Goldwich
David Goldwich is a “reformed” lawyer who is committed to helping people get what they want by teaching them how to play the negotiation game and be assertive, compelling, persuasive communicators. He practiced law in the United States for more than ten years, arguing before judges and political, government, and community bodies.
David is trained as a mediator and has managed small businesses as well. He advocates the interest-based negotiation approach developed at Harvard to achieve win-win outcomes.
As a highly sought after consultant, David uses simulations, role play, skits, and interactive sessions to help participants learn and improve their skills, he has delivered customized training to many organizations across Asia, David also appears frequently on radio, and hosted a television talk show. David is also the author of Win-Win Negotiations: Developing the Mindset, Skills and Behaviours of Win-Win Negotiators.
- Calm, Cool, and Collected
- Overcoming jitters
- Confidence – inside and out
- The look and sound of confidence and control
- Instant Messaging
- Create the right impression
- Connect with your audience
- Set your objective
- The essence of your message
- Develop Your Message
- The Three S’s: Scan, Select, Structure
- Impromptu speaking templates
- Visual impact
- Fielding Questions
- Challenging questions
- Tough questioners
- Expecting the unexpected