Impromptu Speaking with Confidence, Conviction and Clarity
"The Impromptu Reply is precisely the Touchstone of the Man of Wit" Moliere
The Challenge: How to Deliver a Clear and Engaging Speech Off the Cuff
Do you freeze up and panic when asked to speak on the spot? Giving a presentation and speaking in public can be a daunting task for some and one which doesn’t come naturally. Even confident people can find giving presentations nerve-racking. What more if you are unexpectedly called upon to address a group, respond to questions, or offer your views without advance notice?
☞ How often were you caught unprepared and panicked when asked to speak your views on the spot?
☞ Do you start to tremble when you’re asked to speak up during work meetings?
☞ Do your impromptu answers lack structure and clarity?
☞ Have you experienced the disappointment of giving a great presentation, only to fall apart during the Q&A?
☞ Do you struggle to engage people with your stories when public speaking off the cuff?
Turn yourself into an Impromptu Speaker who Can Communicate Without Fear
Do you notice some of your friends or colleagues who never appear flustered in these situations? Their thoughts seem well organised, their language precise and their message clear. They know exactly what words to use before they even speak. They answer questions smoothly and confidently.
There are numerous occasions in business and socially where you may be asked to speak without warning. Whether speaking to internal or external stakeholders, customers, even senior management, you can use simple techniques for collecting your thoughts quickly and speaking convincingly in any of these situations.
Speaking “off the cuff” is a valuable skill, and it’s actually one you can improve with practice. This course is designed to help you become a more effective and confident public speaker. Learn how to supplement your prepared speeches with clear and concise informal remarks.
Key Takeaways - Simple Techniques to Speak Confidently and Clearly
Learn powerful techniques for collecting your thoughts quickly and speaking convincingly in public. Once you master the system, you will grow immensely as a public speaker, become a better storyteller in a circle of friends and be more creative in everyday life.
- Neutralize the fear of speaking before a group using simple formulas to be more likeable and memorable.
- Organise your thoughts quickly and calmly before speaking and exude confidence (even if you’re nervous!)
- Understand, align and connect with your audience by projecting your vocal and body language for maximum impact
- Be a trusted aide to your supervisor and express yourself like an expert by explaining complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Must have techniques on how to organize your thoughts to deliver clear and convincing message on the spot.
- Use imagery and gestures as visual aid of powerful communicators to bolster your message
- Handle challenging questions and stressful conversations professionally without emotions and anger
Who Should Attend
- This course is particularly useful for executives and officers who speak in front of groups and various stakeholders.
- Managers, supervisors, department heads, team leaders, sales and business development executives, lawyers, accountants, engineers, civil servants, educators, and anyone seeking to improve their impromptu skills.
- Sales, marketing, business development and PR professionals with some prior experience seeking to sharpen their communication and presentation skills will also benefit from new insights and communication techniques.
” David is a practical hands-on facilitator who will not let you off until you pick up/ apply the skill of impromptu speaking for the day. This course is a personally enriching one that comes with practical tips and suggestions of how to overcome our fears of impromptu speaking.” Fenny, MHA
” I would recommend this workshop to anyone who is interested in public speaking. This workshop has been very helpful in providing tips that I have not learnt before. Thank you, David!” Eng Sheng, Science Educator at Science Centre Singapore
“The trainer is knowledgeable in the topic, he is able to pace the class well and deliver the lesson in a lighthearted and informal manner. The ability to speak with confidence and in an impromptu manner is not only useful at work but is also a useful life skill.” Melody, Assistant Manager at MSF
“Excellent course. Great delivery and trainer was concise and succinct during the presentation. High-level key values that make an impact rather than minute details which would be forgotten or lost over time. Thanks, David!” Hock Jin, Senior Network Engineer
“Interesting trainer, able to capture the attention of the class and spice up the atmosphere for conducive learning. David’s explanation, in the form of stories, helped in driving in the points. It was excellent, and I highly appreciate it.” Surajit, Senior Manager
“Each and everyone are given equal opportunities and time to present on impromptu topics. I never knew I could do it. Now I am more confident with David’s teaching. I will recommend this course to colleagues who need to conduct briefs and teachings” Ms Cindy, Assistant VP at City Developments Limited
The Persuasion Doctor: David Goldwich
David Goldwich is a “reformed” lawyer who is committed to helping people get what they want by teaching them how to be assertive, compelling, and persuasive communicators.
An engaging and provocative speaker, David uses humor and stories gathered from his own experience as a lawyer, businessman, and father to help people reach breakthrough changes in their personal and professional lives. David has developed his own simulations, role plays, skits, and interactive sessions, which he uses to help participants learn and improve critical skills and behaviors.
David is the author of five books, including Kickass Business Presentations: How to Persuade Your Audience Every Time, and hundreds of articles on communication, negotiation, developing confidence and assertiveness, and other business topics. He has MBA and JD degrees from American universities and practiced law in the United States for more than ten years.
David has conducted his training workshops for banks, tech companies, and other organizations and government agencies in the US, India, China, Singapore, Malaysia, and throughout Asia Pacific. He has been living in Singapore since 1999
- Calm, Cool, and Collected
- Overcoming jitters
- Confidence – inside and out
- The look and sound of confidence and control
- Instant Messaging
- Create the right impression
- Connect with your audience
- Set your objective
- The essence of your message
- Develop Your Message
- The Three S’s: Scan, Select, Structure
- Impromptu speaking templates
- Impromptu speaking tips
- Visual impact
- Fielding Questions
- Challenging questions
- Tough questioners
- Expecting the unexpected