Accounting & Finance for Non-finance Professionals
Make simple sense to complex financial information in just 2 Days
Understanding the Financial Concepts is very essential in today’s Business World, especially in the Field of Financial Management. Companies and its personnel would be able to achieve better results if they understand and interpret the Financial Concepts correctly. This Workshop is designed to equip the participants with the skills of understanding and analysing the Financial Concepts to discharge their job functions more efficiently and to better communicate with their colleagues from the Finance Department. This Workshop will help the participants reduce the risk of making wrong financial decisions.
Make Timely, Informed Business Decisions and Avoid Costly Errors
The lack of accounting and financial skills can be easily overcome with proper training and guidance. This 2 day workshop is specifically designed to give you the tools for understanding, analysing, and interpreting financial statements. Using an effective step by step guide to understanding basic accounting where every term is simplified and every ratio explained in a straightforward manner.
It will familiarize you with the ins and outs of annual report, teach you how to read and understand the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement and demonstrate the use of financial ratios to determine business performance.
Practical Hands On Training – Key Takeaways
Understanding how to use financial indicators allows you to allocate resources and evaluate potential projects for maximum return-on-investment. Upon completion of this Workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the different Types of Accounts and complex Financial Jargons
- Understand the common benchmark used in Investment Appraisals
- Avoid any “fear” over Basic Financial Concepts
- Demonstrate the different Types of Costs and Cost Behaviour
- Apply the concept of Break-Even Analysis for Decision Making
- Estimate the Cash Flow Requirements using the tool of Budgeting
- Comprehend the importance of Working Capital for day-to-day business
- Better communicate with their colleagues from the Finance Department
Who Should Attend
This is a perfect course for non-finance & accounting managers, senior officers, heads of departments, and entrepreneurs who want to understand how to use these financial reports to plan ahead, ensure cash flow is regulated and make timely and educated business decisions. This workshop is highly relevant to:
- Board members & “C” level executives, experienced managers, general managers, directors, vice presidents and top executives in sales, marketing, production and manufacturing
- Senior Officers, HOD and Managers from Government Agencies with financial responsibility or seeking a refresher in analysis
Business consultants, Investors, lawyers, non-finance managers, project managers, budget analysts Audit
Industry Expert: Mr Jasper Tham
Jasper Tham is an ex-corporate banker with wealth of experience in credit and lending to customers in Singapore and in Asia Pacific region. He is currently a corporate trainer for finance and banking courses for public run as well as customized, in-house training courses for banks and multi-national corporations in Singapore and in Asia Pacific region.
Academically, Mr. Tham obtains a Master of Business Administration from Manchester Business School, UK majored in banking and finance. He also holds an Advanced Certificate for Training and Assessment from Adult Institute of Learning.
Mr. Tham is also an Associate Lecturer in Banking and Finance for degree courses offered by University of London as well as other world renowned British, American and Australian universities. He has been teaching Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting for Managers, Investment Analysis, Financial Decision Making and Risk Analysis, Strategic Management, Capstone and banking modules in reputable Private Education Institutes (PEIs) since 2000.
What is Accounting?
- Types of Accounts
- Meaning of Debit and Credit
- Rules of Double Entry System
- Steps in Double Entry System
Complex Financial Jargons
Types of Financial Statements
- Statement of Comprehensive Income (Profit & Loss account)
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Cash Flow Statement
- Objectives of Financial Statements
- Users of Financial Statements
Investment Appraisal Methods
- What is “Finance”?
- Objectives of Financial Management
- Concept of Time Value of Money
- Methods of Investment Appraisal (Capital Budgeting Decisions)
- Payback Period
- Average Rate of Return (Return on Investment)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Profitability Index
- Non-financial factors for decision-making
Costing & Cost Volume Profit Analysis
- Types of Costs
- Break even analysis (including relevance of cost behaviour)
- Pricing, product profitability and sales planning
- Margin of Safety
- Decision making using Contribution Analysis and Key Factor
- Types of Budgets
- How to prepare a Cash Budget?
- Role of Budgeting in Financial Management
Working Capital Management
- Meaning of Working Capital
- Working Capital Cycle
- Sources and uses of cash
- Cash flow improvement methods
Practical Exercises & Case Studies