Executive Certificate in Global Strategic Management
Guide to Building, Managing and Sustaining Strong Global Brands
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 12,13, 19, 20 Sep 2020 | 17, 18, 24, 25 Apr 2021
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
Good strategy management is a key skill for business leaders and involves not only identifying and developing the right business strategies in complex and changing environments, but also successfully implementing these strategies. This course will explore the factors that drive strategic success and failure, and how to harness them for personal and career success. You will learn how to apply the essential concepts and tools of strategy that are used by managers in multinational firms and global organisations. In a rapidly changing global business environment dynamic strategic contexts analysis, data-driven decision-making and systematic business development are crucial for companies and professionals to succeed. It will also provide you with essential frameworks suited to guide them as future managers when analysing the main factors relevant to the strategy-making process, and with reference to real world case studies and leading corporations’ insight. Finally, you will learn about the importance of non-market aspects in strategic management that impinge on organisational success.
- Learn a systematic knowledge of the concepts, tools and models used in strategic management.
- critically evaluate tools of contextual analysis and strategy development, understand the management of resources and operations, corporate levels of strategy, as well as implementation focused on organisational structure and culture.
- learn about non-market aspects of strategic management, with a focus on corporate social responsibility and its links to value chains and innovation in a global context.
- Understand the principles of successful strategic thinking and action to identify strategic moves by competitors
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Executives, business owners, heads of strategy or executives from mid-to-upper-level management, who have a profit and loss responsibility for a geographical area and seek to improve their business performance.
- General managers who head business units, e.g. country managers, or product or division heads
- Executives with accountability for outcome and direct control of significant resources (budgets and groups of people), e.g. managers of significant departments or project team leader
Course Instructor: Mr Param Alahakone
Mr Param had been in the marketing consultancy industry for more than 25 years. He held positions ranging from trainer, head of academic affairs, academic director to adjunct lecturer. He has extensive lecturing and course development experience with specialties in Strategic Management, Human Resource and Strategic Marketing Management. He is currently an adjunct lecturer with National Technological University, RMIT, Murdoch University and University College Dublin and supervise students at master’s level for dissertations.
Topic 1: Introduction to Global Strategic Management
Topic 2: Business and Society- Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies
Topic 3: Internationalisation and Competitive Advantage
Topic 4: Global Business Environment
Topic 5: CSR Strategy, Innovation and Organisational Performance
Topic 6: Value Chains and Innovative Capability
Topic 7: CSR, Sustainability & Strategy
Topic 8: Strategy and CSR