Executive Certificate in Financial Performance Management
Master the Art & Science of Financial Performance Measures and Value Creation
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 9, 10, 16, 17 January 2021
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
This course provides students with a critical understanding of the sources and uses of finance for organisations operating in a domestic or international context and focuses on the management of financial and other resources to optimise organisational performance. You will explore the use of accounting, budgetary and other information systems in managerial planning, decision-making and control. You will learn to apply appropriate analytical tools and techniques, to make informed decisions. Through the lectures, relevant reading and activities, you will be introduced to the theory and practice of performance management and control. The role of budgets and budgetary control are critically evaluated and alternatives beyond budgeting are explored to ensure the organisation’s strategic goals are achieved. Through the learning and assessment strategy, students will learn to incorporate the thinking behind integrated reporting, which acknowledges non-financial forms of capital such as human, intellectual, social and natural capital, as well as financial capital into your construction of a balanced scorecard.
- Enhance your financial acumen and demonstrate an understanding of the sources, uses and management of finance, and use accounting and other information for a range of managerial applications, including performance measurement scorecards.
- Apply value-driven approach towards business decisions and driving sustainable competitive advantage
- Manipulate financial and non-financial data to analyse organizational performance, including cost-volume-profit analysis, budget variance analysis and balanced scorecards
- Understand the impact of management choices on company financials to ensure successful strategy execution plan for superior financial performance
- Enhance their problem solving and decision-making skills and understand the financial consequences of strategic decisions.
Who Should Attend?
- General Managers or Chief Executive Officers of Divisional, Regional and Business Unit Levels
- Corporate Officers and Executives in Financial Service Organisations.
- Finance & Accounting Professionals who wish to back their professional exposure with theoretical/academic understanding.
- Students are expected to have prior basic knowledge in accountancy & finance
Corporate Consultancy and Risk Management Strategist: Professor Malick SY
Prof. Malick Sy has more than 25 years of experience in financial consulting and advisory to many financial institutions in Europe, Asia and Australia. He is a professor in Financial Management at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University-Australia, a visiting Professor at the City University of New York (USA) and adjunct professor of Arcadia University, Pennsylvania (USA). He is also the Managing Director and Principal Consultant of IBC Holdings Pte Ltd, a financial consulting firm with offices located in South East Asia. He has been a Director of Risk Management at the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange and a member of the Singapore Exchange Corporate Advisory Committee (SGX-DT) previously.
Topic 1: Introduction to Financial Analysis
Topic 2: Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP) Analysis
Topic 3: Full Costing and Activity-based Costing
Topic 4: Budgeting
Topic 5: Ratio Analysis: An Application
Topic 6: Performance Measurement- Balanced Scorecard
Topic 7: A Practical Approach to Balanced Scorecard Analysis
Topic 8: Capital Investment Decisions
Topic 9: Variance Analysis
Topic 10: The Evolution of Corporate Reporting: Integrated Reporting