Executive Certificate in Business Research Methods (LIVE Stream)
The Complete Guide on how to conduct a consultancy project and build business case
Aventis Executive Education Series
The Aventis Executive Education Series provides a platform for like-minded and talented senior executives across Asia to partake in collaborative learning.
Facilitated by reputable industry experts and partnered with the prestigious University of Roehampton (London), our courses provide an excellent opportunity for you to enhance your professional skills and keep yourself updated with the latest industry insights.
Get ready to learn, transform, and be empowered as a global leader.
Cohorts: 12, 13, 19, 20 June 2021
Each cohort runs for 4 days on the dates indicated above, on full day blocks (9am – 5pm).
This course will equip you with the knowledge and critical techniques in order to conduct research in business and management. We will address the different kinds of research, especially scholarly, academic output and applied consultancy output, whilst the module’s practical emphasis is upon facilitating research methods for empirical research. You will learn about the different approaches that can be taken to undertake research and how research methods are underpinned by different factors that impact upon research design, the quality of empirical fieldwork and the final research’s dissemination, and explore different approaches to using academic literature. They will explore the implications of research design on constructing research tools and planning data analysis or consultancy intervention. We will also outline the importance of research ethics for any human interaction involved in your research.
Students will learn to do the following:
- Deepen understanding of different research approaches and methodologies
- Gain a comprehensive overview of what is needed to carry-out successful and effective research
- Gain a deep understanding of the nature and the roles of qualitative market research, and thereby acquire the knowledge and skills to meet their organisation’s qualitative research needs and defend their research thesis.
- Learn to formulate research problems, apply appropriate research approaches and methods of inquiry (both quantitative or qualitative), and in presenting their results.
- Receive guidance on how to conduct their own research projects in their business discipline.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is interested in exploring and/or reaping the benefits of using qualitative research.
Topic 1: Introduction to Business Research
Topic 2: Different Types of Research
Topic 3: What is a Literature Review
Topic 4: Qualitative Data Collection
Topic 5: Introduction to Software for Research Analysis
Topic 6: Qualitative Research Design & Data Analysis
Topic 7: Business consultants research and Action Research/ Research Dissemination
Topic 8: Quantitative Research Design
Topic 9: Quantitative Data Collection & Analysis