Essential Managerial Skills and Competencies(LIVE Stream)
At the forefront of organization effectiveness, employees are one of the most important dimensions in determining any outcome. You are truly a VIP – belonging to a group of people in your organisation who must be good in the basics of managerial skills, whether or not your title is “manager”. This can be anyone who has subordinates or who needs to work with a group of people (eg. in a project, or team-based collaboration effort). It is those people in the middle – sandwiched between top management and subordinates – who are the golden keys in the handling and execution of organisational and departmental goals. This course aims to equip you with practical tools to handle work, people, and performance. The top management staff of any company sets the vision, and they depend on people who are efficient in the execution of the vision. It is always the execution point that differentiates between the good and bad consequences, outstanding results or a complete disaster.
In this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the role of management within the organisation;
- Be more confident in practising management;
- Predict and control different forms of behaviours;
- Enhance and improve your leadership skills;
- Become more effective in managing results and time;
- Effectively achieve better overall results at work.
Module 1: Leadership
- What is leadership and why it is important?
- Leadership approaches and styles
- Case Exercise on leadership
- Guidelines to application
Module 2: Performance Management
- KPI and some useful tips
- Linking to appraisal
- How to achieve objectivity, accountability and manage performance well
Module 3: Motivation
- What do people want?
- How to manage motivation, predict and control behaviors
Module 4: How Time Management Has Been Misunderstood
- Are you an urgent expert?
- How we get confused between urgent and important matters
- What can you do: Case on time matrix
- Practical: An excellent prevention tool for many problems
Module 5: Where Do We Go from Here?
Hands-on exercises and case studies;
- Group discussions and interactive storytelling;
- Commentary on other companies / industries;
- Video and photo presentations.
Who Must Attend?
This is intended for
- Senior or long serving employees, junior managers, managers;
- Those who have formal subordinates;
- Those who must manage the various resources, teams and/or projects from all industries.
“Straight to the point and comprehensive in his training. There are lots of discussions and room for clarifications with Andrew and with fellow participants to understand topics and learn how to apply the knowledge in the workplace.”
“Andrew always uses a lot of real life examples to put across the key concepts.”
“The trainer Andrew has many life experiences to share related to the training and kept his teaching very interesting and memorable.”
Personal and Organisational Effectiveness Master Trainer: Andrew Cheah
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioural change and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from diverse industries such as in banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist in New York.