Emotional Intelligence – Different Strokes For Different Folks
Emotional Intelligence- Another kind of Smart
Different Strokes for Different Folks
We are in the business of building relationships! People are not necessarily difficult to deal with. They only seem difficult because we lack the skills of an appropriate communication style. It is imperative that we are equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people.
You will learn the appropriate communication styles that will help avoid ineffective communication and improve work relationships. Do not let negative experiences affect your willingness to try and get along with anyone! Discover how you can use the DISC as a tool to come out tops with not just textbook answers but tried and tested techniques as well!
Key Takeaways - Learn Tangible skills to Connect, Engage and influence as a manager and leader.
- Using EQ to interact positively with your colleagues and subordinates; and clients.
- Identifying, discerning and escalating people’s needs.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships.
- Reading people by identifying one’s perception, values and belief system.
Discovering People Communication Tendencies
- Personality development—nature or nurture?
- Understanding the 4 communication styles.
- How to use the four personality type psychometric tool (DISC) to communicate to different groups of people.
- How to leverage on one’s strengths and work on his/her weaknesses.
- Understanding the differences between behaviour and intentions-Customising communication style to different profile types.
Using the DISC to promote team cohesiveness and buddy systems.
- Improve participants’ performance levels.
- Reduce stress levels among colleagues.
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion.
- Master the art of objection handling and work towards a resolution.
Who Should Attend?
“Jovial trainer with intensive knowledge, straight forward and precise in content sharing and example sharing” – Ico Tan, Business Development (Star Cruise)
“Caroline is very engaging and well-versed in the subject she is teaching. Appreciate the level of energy coming from her to keep the class lively and conducive for learning” – Clarissa Chang, Senior Officer (Singapore Customs)
“Extremely informative and interesting. Everything is well organized. Trainer is excellent and enlightening. Thank you.” – Building and Construction Authority, BCA Singapore
Communication Guru – Ms Caroline Dawson
As a former journalist, Caroline’s professional work experience as a Corporate Trainer/Facilitator, Keynote Speaker and Learning & Development Consultant; has required her to market the value of her programs and persuade clients to value and understand the urgency of good communication and management skills in the work force. As an ACTA certified WSQ trainer, She has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency of Singapore to develop training content for the Employability Skills System where she successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency based assessments for communication workshops.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Participants of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner and she has administered the tools to top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. She is currently pursuing her doctorate studies in Business Administration through a Paris-based business school.