Effective psychometric Interviewing Skills For HR and Hiring Managers
Your Challenge: A Structured Interviewing Approach to make the Right Hiring Decision for Your Business
Interview and selection can be a time consuming and challenging exercise for most managers but hiring the wrong candidate will adversely affect work morale, productivity and operational efficiency of the business.
Our Solution: Proven Interviewing Techniques that Reveals all you want to know about a candidate
Truth is, using proven psychological interviewing techniques; you can be more effective in identifying job competency, skills set, and motivational level of potential candidates during interviews. Using this technique, your recruitment process will be more structured instead of relying purely on your gut instinct, guess-work, potential psychological bias or discrimination.
At the end of the workshop, you will be equipped with
- A broad knowledge of selection methodology and how the interviewing stage fits in
- The different interviewing methods to suit different outcomes
- The psychological mind-set of the interviewer and the interviewee
- The tools to plan, prepare and manage your interviewing process
- The techniques to engage at a meaningful level with the interviewee
- Preventive measures to overcome varying types of biases in decision making
“Eileen is both knowledgeable and sincere in helping others to succeed. I strongly recommend managers to listen with an open mind as I have personally benefitted from her counsel in my career journey”
– Jamie Lee, Integration Sourcing Manager, Australia New Zealand Bank Ltd.
“I never knew something so simple can be so powerful and Eileen has helped me to stay focused on what I can change”
– Michael Ang, Customer Experience Improvement Manager, DBS Singapore.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is highly recommended for HR Managers, business owners and functional managers that are involve in selection and recruitment of new hires.
It is also beneficial for newly promoted managers and supervisors seeking to select the right fit for their team and roles.
Organizational Psychologist and Coach: Eileen Seah
Eileen is an Organisational Psychologist with a unique mix of HR and business skills and have personally coached hundreds of professionals in career transition by instilling and inculcating positive psychology throughout each journey.
She started her career at the Ministry of Defence as part of campus hire and moved to join a local bank as a Graduate Trainee, prior to leading Customer Service, Operations, Tactical Marketing, Learning & Talent Development teams in Asia for MNCs such as SITA and Thomson Reuters. Eileen enjoys connecting with people. In addition to the MSc, she holds an MBA, a Bachelor of Computer Science degree, a post-graduate diploma in Marketing and is a certified facilitator across different Talent Development programs and tools.
Day 1 is focussed on building your baseline knowledge of the effective talent identification methods, its uses and designing methodologies.
· Introduction to Selection Methods
· Outline of the full end-to-end Selection Process
· Types, purpose, costs & benefits of interviewing methods (eg. realistic job previews, assessment centres, diagnostic tools etc.)
· View common examples of different uses of interviews
· Understanding the role of the HR, interviewer and its panel
· Profiling the attributes of an Individual Contributor
· Profiling the attributes of a People Manager
· Design of Scenario-based versus Competency-based questions
Day 2 drills down into the interviewing session level and explores common biases associated with the flow of events. Learnings are delivered largely via role plays and case studies.
· What constitutes a job-fit?
· Comparative analysis of Open versus Structured Interviews
· Unravel the common biases in interviewing
o Types of Biases
o Mitigation Actions
o Best practise examples
· Effective note-taking for the interviewer
· Effective listening skills
· Designing the criterion-based response chart for performance rating
· Hire – No hire?
· Promoting the corporate brand through interviews