Effective Presentation Skills: Engage Your Audience with NLP Strategies
For close to 45 years, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) has been proven as a consolidated system of the art and science of human excellence for success, helping countless individuals reach new heights in their personal and professional lives. Considering both the conscious and sub-conscious decision-making processes as well as the inner neurological motivations of people, the use of NLP techniques and strategies in business presentations have been proven to help presenters engage and connect with their audience more easily, thereby influencing them. Throughout this fun and enriching course, discover how great presenters like the late Apple founder Steve Jobs are able to turn even a seemingly boring technical presentation into an interesting and awe-inspiring one. Learn how you could finally overcome your nerves during presentations and become a more confident and competent presenter. Together with Certified American Board of NLP (ABNLP) Master Practitioner Abigail Cheong, discover the insider tips and tricks of becoming a great presenter.
- Uncover the impact of NLP strategies to overcome fear in public speaking.
- built rapport effortlessly to win the trust of the audiences.
- decode audiences “Thinking Styles”
- Use specific words to connect with the 4 major kinds of audiences.
- Use metaphor to deeply influence your audiences.
- control your tone, speed and loudness
- deal with difficult situation/ questions from the audience
- Creating a credible platform presence
- Important grooming strategies as a presenter
- Creating a lasting impression on stage (dos and don’ts)
- Understanding the environment before conducting a talk
- Understanding what is NLP.
- Sharing the break down of each segment of N.L.P (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- How to use the language of the mind consistently to achieve a specific desired outcome
- Using NLP to help you to be a confident presenter. (Fear of public speaking is known as Glossophobia)
- 75% of people fear of public speaking and suffer form a speech anxiety
- Learners will be lead through a series of strategies using visualisation & breathing techniques
- Uncover the 4 “Bridges” to the audiences.
- Learners will go through a practical activity covering – Stance, voice-tone, speed & loudness.
- Eye contact management, using hand gestures, specific word/questions to help and guide participants
- Decode “Thinking Styles” of your audiences by analyzing their representational system
- Helps you discover information that you can use to build common ground between you and the members of your audience.
- VAK – Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic
- 4 most effective tactics to pacing and leading your audiences
- Verbally & non-verbally
- Build rapport professionally
- 5 types of supporting ideas as a presenter to bring yourself credibility
- (Activity for learner after learning the 5 ideas, they are to pick one to present)
- The art of influencing and persuasion using NLP for Q&A
- Helping your audience achieve their outcome/goal during the program.
- Meta Model; the goal is not to find the “right” answers, but rather to ask better questions
- Help widen the mind to finding the right answers and using Milton model
- Getting your crowd in the “Yes!” mode
- How to end your presentation with a bang. (Ending a speech with a call to action, inspirational quote, story or humour)
Abigail is outstanding. Interacts very well with the group. Good knowledge and takes control of the group. She has an open personality and transferred knowledge to us that we can apply in our day to day lives. – Janalize Barnard, Parts Manager, John Deere (Asia)
Abigail is comprehensive and cohesive to the corporate environment. All of the participants benefited from theworkshop conducted by Abigail to build up their professional image. It was very insightful and interactive experience for me! – Yuki Ge Yue Qi, Communication Specialist, John Deere (Asia)
Abigail is a super clear presenter. she has an excellent command of communication and presents with such confidence and sincerity. She would be an asset to companies who are keen to understand how colour, visual and personal communications can take their level of customer service to the next level! – Swee Lin, Management Consultant, Makenzie
Certified American Board of NLP (ABNLP) Master Practitioner: Abigail Cheong
Abigail Cheong is a sought after corporate trainer who is qualified in the niche fields of NLP, presentation skills, business etiquette, communication, cross cultural etiquette, networking skills, dining etiquette and service excellence.
She is a certified Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (MNLP) approved by the American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and certified by the WSQ as an adult educator (ACTA).
With many years of training experience, Abigail specializes in working with business and individuals to address the presentation issues, be it speech or image, that affect their success. Her reputation as a popular and informative trainer keeps her in demand with corporations and educational institutions of all levels and ages with her professional integrity, warm, engaging style and sense of humour.