The Complete Guide to Effective Payroll & Salary Management
Are you in Compliance with the latest MOM Legislation?
With effect from 1st April 2016, it is mandatory for all employers to issue itemised pay slips to employees covered under the Employment Act. The new Act also required employers to keep proper record of all pay slips issued.
Importance of Correct and Proper Payroll
Besides strict compliance under the new act, poor and improper administration of salary and payroll administration will also lead to misunderstandings between employers and employees and affect staff morale and trust.
A 1 Day Step by Step Guide to Effective Payroll Administration
Let experienced Employment Administration Expert, Mr Jimmy Toh share with you a comprehensive and convenient reference of payroll essentials that will guide you through the day-to-day challenges of payroll administration
It will cover simple yet effective strategies to improve your payroll administration through the introduction of general system features, basic fundamentals of selecting, setting up and processing in the payroll system.
In addition, Mr Toh with also provide valuable insights into current best practices in Singapore relating to salary and payroll administration.
Understanding Salary Structure
- salary structure and total salary
- basic salary
The Legislation on Payroll Matters
- scope of the Employment Act
- highlights of the CPF Act
- CPF payable items
- payment for self-help groups
Legal Compliance and Practices
- definition of salary
- definition of rate of pay
- working hours
- shift duties
- rest days and public holidays
- computation of overtime pay
- salary period and time of payment
- payment on dismissal and resignation
- authorised deduction
- notice period
- annual leave entitlement
Issuance of itemised payslips
At the end of this workshop, you will
- understand the statutory obligations on payroll matters
- comprehend payroll calculation methods
- differentiate between entitlements and benefits
- know the rights of employers on matters relating to benefits
- bring home a structured study guide on effective payroll administration
Who should attend?
- This workshop is highly relevant to all payroll executives and staff who are directly or indirectly involved in payroll administration, accounts and hr executives or managers
- It’s also an ideal training tool capable of bringing new payroll employees up to speed fast.
- It would also benefit for supervisors, line managers, business owners and consultants seeking to update their knowledge under the new legislation.
Experienced Employment Administration Expert: Jimmy Toh
Mr Jimmy Toh has over 30 years of working experience in the civil service and varied industries such as tourism, airfreight, manufacture and sales of machinery, hotel, clubs, health care and customer relationship management. His forte is in start-up operations and human resource management and development covering salary and payroll, recruitment and retention, industrial relations, training and development, general administration, security, and general operations. In the area of human resource development, he has conducted many public and in-house workshops and seminars on human resource related subjects. The positions he had held includes Director of Human Resources and Assistant Vice President, Human Resources & Operations.
Jimmy holds a Master of Science degree from the University of Leicester, United Kingdom, Graduate Diploma in Training & Development and Diploma in Personnel Management. A certified Senior Human Resource Practitioner, he is a Professional Member of the Singapore Human Resource Institute, a certified People Developer Standards Consultant and United States Certified Trainer for the Napoleon Hill Program. He is also Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) trained