Professional Certification in Digital Storytelling
Digital storytelling combines oral traditional storytelling with digital media capabilities such as visual and sound. With digital storytelling, you can tell your story, touch your audience, and take your game to the next level. Without a great script, there can be no great story. Understand how you script a story and how you turn that script into a storyboard and then multimedia.
In this 2-day course, Digital Storytelling Pioneer, Angeline Koh delivers a roadmap on how you can create compelling stories for your social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You will be introduced to an amazingly easy but powerful entry-level cloud video editing tool to create your video. Mind you, it’s not about learning the mechanics of using the software, but understanding the WHYs and HOW each editing feature is used to make your story compelling.
- Unlock 8 Must-Know – the HOWs and WHYs of digital storytelling
- Gain critical insights on how to script a compelling story
- Story Circle Group Discussions, Script Writing, and Feedback
- Entry and Intermediate level video production – features include multi-track, templates, hassle-free royalty-free music for your story, motion titles, control over audio level and more
- Understand the WHYs and HOW each video editing feature add a WOW to your story
- Craft digital stories you can use for social media, teaching, and presentations
- Educators and Trainers who wish to use videos in their course delivery
- Charities who need to create awareness and win advocates
- Marketing, Sales, and PR professionals
- HR professionals
- Entrepreneurs, Business Owners, and Leaders
- Individuals who outsources their storytelling and video production
- Individuals who needs to tell a story
Basic computer knowledge is required. Participants are required to bring a laptop.
- Explore your stories – who you are and what you are about
- Learn to effectively communicate with your audience
- Story Craft & Production
- Learn how to write a script, visualise and storyboard your narrative
- Learn to communicate to your stakeholders through appropriate images, music, voice-overs, text, and sound in the production of your story
- Learn to narrate and record your voice-over using appropriate stress, rhythm, pauses, tone, and silence, to present your story
- Story Circle
- Learn from fellow storytellers – group discussions, sharing, and feedback
- Learn free online audio and video editing software
- Celebrating your stories
Digital Storytelling Pioneer: Angeline Koh
Angeline is the founder and principal storytelling coach of Tyros Global (formerly known as Digital Storytelling Asia). She had the honour of introducing Digital Storytelling at The FinTech Festival 2018, the world’s largest platform for the global FinTech community. She was the first Asian invited to give the keynote address at the premier annual International Festival of Digital Storytelling 2011 in the UK organised by the Arts Centre, Aberystwyth University and supported by the Arts Council of Wales, National Assembly of Wales and the BBC.
Trained as a Graphic Designer, she was one of 16 to receive the Lifelong Learner Award in 2008 jointly presented by MediaCorp, WDA, NTUC, and Spring Singapore, for her continued pursuit of personal development. She was the Director of Communication for an NGO prior to co-founding Digital Storytelling Asia (now Tyros Global). She is also a member of the international digital storytelling community comprising digital storytelling academics and practitioners.
“Thank you for taking time to edit our stories and perfecting mine! Before the workshop, I didn’t expect I’ll be able to create a video like the one I did (I could never imagine). I went back and shared my video on my fb with my friends and received nice encouraging words! 🙂 Overwhelming response I would say (I’m not one who often gets a lot of likes!). It was quite an eye-opener for me to see how the story itself is such an important element. I always thought the visual stuff (the video itself) was more important. I’m taking the opportunity to do a short sharing with my colleagues tomorrow on digital storytelling and hope it inspires them to do one on their own!”
Olivia Ho, Lecturer, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
“Through her training, I have picked up a lot about digital narrative storytelling… the skills, the techniques. At the same time, it helps inspire me that I want to learn about this technique because I think that this technology can help me in coaching people. It can help inspire and actualise their dream. Helping people to find out who they are and also helping in counselling and coaching families. I think it’s a very wonderful technology that all of us must learn. It’s just like producing microfilm but in a simple yet effective way.”
Sophia Tan, Counsellor / Founder, Morphos-International Pte Ltd
“I already had very high expectations when I took the course. I must say that Angeline delivered on every score. She’s a very effective teacher and she’s also very generous in the way she shares her knowledge. It’s quite unbelievable but I actually created my own video. It’s actually very exciting. I highly recommend this course to anyone.”
Song Hsi Ching, Senior Researcher / Facilitator
“I’m happy to be in this class with Angeline. She’s a wonderful coach, very encouraging, very inspiring. I came here not knowing anything about digital storytelling. I managed to produce my very own video. I must say, it went beyond my expectations. So, thanks to Angeline, thanks to the classmates in this course. Everyone helped. Angeline especially gave me very good feedback. She was really very helpful..”
Lee Hwee Hoon, Associate Professor / Facilitator