How To Detect, Manage And Prevent Procurement Fraud Workshop
Identify Red Flags and Developing Effective Response & Counter Measure
2 Day Masterclass in Preventing and Identifying Procurement Fraud
Key Questions Covered – Are Your Prepared?
- Could procurement fraud happen in our organization? Where and when can it occur?
- What are the warning signs of employee/contractor involved in procurement fraud?
- How do I respond to an allegation of Procurement Fraud?
- How can I conduct an investigation for suspected procurement fraud?
- What control measures should be in place to protect my organization from such act?
- What is the impact of procurement fraud in an organization?
- Is your organisation’s system robust and updated sufficiently to protect fraud?
Key Takeaways - The Counter Fraud Practitioner's Handbook
This 2 Day Masterclass is designed to help participants:
- Understand the psychology of fraud and potential criminal profiles
- Discover the latest case and studies in dealing with fraud risk and how it affects procurement
- Understand and review the supply chain and procurement process for vulnerabilities and flaws, allowing opportunities of fraud
- Lay down the policy and controls to combat procurement fraud
- Better understand and look out for red flags before procurement fraud occur
- Develop strategies and techniques that leads to a tighter control systems
- Use various tools to help detect and investigate procurement fraud
- Learn from different case studies examining grease money and kickbacks
Who Should Attend
- Internal Auditors & Compliance Officers
- Accountants and Finance Professionals
- Business and Operational Managers
- Consultant and Trainers
- Managers and Officers involved in Procurement and other Supply Chain Functions
“Aloysius was very effective in communicating ideas and concepts across by simplifying difficult concepts.” — Asst Manager, Ascendas
“Trainers were very approachable and able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our learning through real-life experiences.” — Finance Manager, AAA International
“Great style, enthusiastic and knowledgeable had a great way of simplifying the concepts.” –— Accounting Manager, SSCI
Expert Facilitator: Mr. Aloysius Cheang (FCCA (UK), CA (M), CA (S), ATA (Income Tax & GST), MTax (Distinction)
Mr. Aloysius Cheang started his accountancy career as an auditor with the Big 4 Accounting Firms. He has over 35 years of extensive Controllership and CFO experience in Finance, Accounting, Tax and Internal Audit in broad based industries (High Tech Electronics Manufacturing, Professional Healthcare, Plantation and Petrochemical) and multi-national companies in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Hongkong, Japan, Taiwan, UK and US.
Mr. Aloysius Cheang is a Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA) from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) UK, Chartered Accountant (CA Singapore) from the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), Chartered Accountant (CA Malaysia) from the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA – Income Tax & GST) from the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP). He also holds a Master of Taxation (Distinction) from SIM University.
Mr. Aloysius Cheang’s expertise covers financial and management accounting, financial management, commercial and operations finance, corporate governance, internal audit and controls, restructuring and reorganisation, business planning and performance, project development, start-ups, business cessation, international tax planning, M&A due diligence and post-acquisition integration.
Mr Alan J Lin Project Director GRC Consultancy (M.Soc.Sc. (Acc & Fin), B.Sc. Hons, Business IT)
Mr. Alan Lin has worked in accounting, internal audit and business partnering for nearly 20 years. His experience is all with the public listed companies in various industries, e.g., IT, media, online, education and training. Mr. Lin has vast international exposure and worked in several countries including in the U.K., U.S., China and Singapore.
In his most recent role as APAC Controller of a US multinational company, Mr. Lin was in charge of all the financial matters in Asia Pacific region. He also managed to set up a new finance function in Singapore to support the company’s global expansion, and was significantly involved in the tax planning for international business units.
Mr. Lin constantly reviewed the internal control environment across 10 countries in the region, and ensured the adequate procedures in place. In addition, he implemented serial measurables to assess outsource vendors quality and lifted the overall outsource service standards. Mr. Lin was also appointed as director to several subsidiaries in Asia and practiced the best corporate governance in operating these subsidiaries.
Mr. Lin’s other experience includes partnering with business to set up a green field entity in Beijing China, leading the process of company registration, obtaining various licenses, bank account opening, capital injection, foreign exchange permit, staff hiring, etc.
Mr. Alan Lin obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree (Honors) in Business Information Technology from University of Central Lancashire, U. K. and a Master of Social Science Degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Birmingham, U.K.