Data Storytelling with Tableau
Data Visualisation is all about using information design to present data visually. The three main parts associated with data visualisation are data, visualisation, and storytelling. Data storytelling is, in fact, the new language for data visualisation. It is important today to express complex ideas in a simplified manner, using visualisations to tell a story. This 1-day data storytelling course aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to effectively consolidate and collate information and data in an interesting visual manner, to analyse and decipher the hidden trends and patterns. and to improve decision making. With the help of real industry use cases and demonstrations, the participants will be introduced to the power of data storytelling through visualisation using Tableau, to exploratory and diagnostic analysis and representing them visually, as well as to create dashboards for infographics for broad communication.
- Identify the core principles of data visualisation and data storytelling
- Identify the different types of business questions and analytical patterns
- Be able to conduct exploratory and diagnostic analysis
- Develop dashboards as part of data storytelling for business needs
- Understand and work with Tableau
Who Should Attend
- Business, marketing and IT professionals looking to improve data visualisation and storytelling skills
- Individuals with no knowledge in the field of data visualisation and storytelling
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge and explore opportunities in the areas of business analytics
- Students and individuals aspiring to use data storytelling to craft data stories with an immediate impact
Data Scientist: Desmond Sek
As part of his data analytics career, he was involved with curating various analytical dashboards, visualizations and stories from complex data using various tools. Currently, as a Co-Founder of Xaltius, he is spearheading new products surrounding travel, AI, and Healthcare using AR/AI technologies.