Critical Thinking For Situational Analysis And Peak Performance (LIVE Stream)
“If there was one life skill everyone on the planet needed, it was the ability to think with critical objectivity” - Josh Lanyon
Learn The Critical Thinking Skills For Improvement
Today’s businesses are driven by a knowledge-based society, and the more critical you think the better your knowledge will be. Critical thinking provides you with the skills to analyse and evaluate information so that you can obtain the greatest amount of knowledge from it. It provides the best chance of making the correct decision and minimizes damage if a mistake does occur. Critical thinking also assists you in undertaking a situational analysis to verify the nature of the situation and to see whether there is a problem indeed and to address the possible implications and consequences of an action or non-action taken.
Honing your skills of Critical thinking will lead you be a more rational, disciplined and proactive thinker. Applying Critical thinking in your daily work and personal life will move you away from intellectual arrogance to intellectual humility allow you to function objectively in difficult situations or when working with challenging people. This will reduce your prejudice and bias which will provide you a better understanding of your environment, encourage innovation and develop a dynamic ‘can do’ personality.
This will reduce your prejudice and bias which will provide you a better understanding of your environment, encourage innovation and develop a dynamic ‘can do’ personality. This high-impact workshop will provide you the skills to evaluate, identify and distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information. You will learn to identify and overcome deceptive reasoning and handle emotional manipulations in conversations and this will make you become a better problem solver and an effective decision maker. The workshop will introduce you to a powerful and easy to apply five stage process that will stimulate your critical thinking and proactiveness. By the end of the workshop you will feel yourself to be more productive in your career and being able to apply critical thinking strategies in the key events of your life.
Valuable Key Takeaways
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate and identify with distinctive styles of thinking and determine their personal preferences
- Identify how to challenge assumptions and expand perceptions about situations
- Identify and overcome biases and prejudice that affects your thinking and ability to be proactive
- Identify barriers to innovation and explain ways to overcome these barriers with critical thinking
- Develop a framework to apply critical thinking for peak performance – the five-stage process
- Arrive at better conclusions and decisions by learning to overcome groupthink mentality
- Apply critical thinking skills to narrow/close performance gap in problem solving process
- Influence and persuade others with clear thinking using the Meta-cognitive language
- Evaluate arguments and outcome of decisions made
- Apply what has been learnt to the day-to-day innovation in organization
Module 1: Introduction to Critical Thinking: demonstrate and identify with distinctive styles of thinking and determine their personal preferences
- Thinking about Thinking
- What most people don’t know about thinking (bounded rationality)
- What influences the thinking process
- When to think fast and when to think slow
Module 2: How do you know what to do? Challenging Assumptions: the power of being proactive in your work
- Use active listening and effective communication strategies to build rapport while probing for assumptions
- Understanding Socratic dialogue techniques
- Recognizing Deceptive reasoning that puts you in a non-critical thinking mode
Module 3: Factors that Determine Effective Innovation
– Identify and overcome biases and prejudice that affects your thinking
– Identify barriers to effective thinking and explain ways to overcome these barriers
- Identifying the factors that determine effective innovation
- Barriers to thinking and how to neutralize them objectively
- Customize the thinking strategies to encourage innovation
- Common biases and judgement errors that stifles the innovation process
Module 4: What to do now? Thinking situations: Developing a framework to apply critical thinking for peak performance using the five-stage process
- Plan and action
- Five stage process to hone your critical thinking daily
- Adapting your critical thinking according to the situation
Module 5: Dynamic decision making using critical thinking: Arrive at better conclusions and decisions by learning to overcome groupthink mentality
- Five stage process of decision making
- How to avoid groupthink in the decision-making process
- How to avoid the SNAFU effect
Module 6: Four strategies to become a critical thinker
- Introduction the four strategies to improve critical thinking and to be proactive when the situation demands it
- Apply critical thinking to various aspect of our lives
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for all those who are keen to learn more about critical thinking and creativity, those who wants to maximize what they can achieve not only in their workplace but in their daily lives. Participants will be able to think beyond the stereotype and discover their potential.
This workshop is delivered using the Gagne instructional model. The participants will engage in a process of experiential learning involving group discussion, building customer journey models and developing working strategies on design thinking has immediate application to their professional life.
“I will definitely recommend this course. Even though I felt confident in the service I provide this course has filled in many gaps for me to further improve my customers’ experiences. Daniel did a good job teaching the structure and process of how customers’ action alone demonstrates how they think and what they want. These observations allowed me to tackle the root cause of many dissatisfaction faced by customers which I was unaware.” – Karen Tan, Marina Bay Sands
“This course is highly appropriate for me working in the customer service because it helps me to humanize my services to match my customers’ unspoken needs and expectations. Great job, Daniel!” – Uhlmann, Singapore LLP
“Daniel did an outstanding job relating the materials to my needs and the one key takeaway from this course is how to stay ahead with my competitors. There were many hands-on and engaging activities which brought about perspectives from participants from other organizations. This allowed me to tap into other organizations’ best practices.” – Roy Lim, UPS
Daniel is the Senior Managing Partner of Lateral Solutions Consulting LLP (incorporated in 2005). Since 1989, Daniel has conducted training for more than 600 organizations with his participants coming from more than 100 countries. He has designed and delivered customize training programs in areas of design thinking, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, crisis management, leadership, performance management, emotional intelligence, creative thinking, critical thinking, systems thinking, business and personal ethics, speed reading, memory enhancement and customer relationship management. Daniel’s personal productivity programs have been very well received and has enriched the lives of countless individuals from different walks of life.
- ACTA-certified corporate trainer
- Associate Adult Educator (AAE)
- Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP®
- Licensed Certified NLP® Coach
- Innovating Through Design Thinking (Advanced Certification)
- LEGO® Serious Play – Certified Facilitator
- Silva Method of Mind Control© certified
- Bachelor of Laws (Hon) University of Buckingham (UK)
- Master in Education, University of Sheffield (UK)
- Diploma in English, University of London (UK)
Daniel is the author of six books and has written more than 300 articles that have been published in Straits Times and other magazines and journals. Many of his articles are also found at: www.ezine.com/DanielTheyagu.
His published self-help books include:
- Gravitating towards success
- Read Faster! Memorize Better! Think Clearer! – Three essential skills for a productive workforce
- How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu’s Art of War Stratagems
- Developing True Leadership Potential
- Guide to Success in Studies for Mature Students
- Making Memory Work For You
Daniel does periodic radio talk shows with 938 Live [Singapore] and his workshops are featured regularly in the newspapers that attracts wide variety of participants.
As a sessional lecturer with Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), Daniel teaches Design Thinking, Agile Thinking, Critical Thinking, Systems Thinking and Customer Relationship Management for graduating students to prepare them to transit into their career.
With Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Daniel conducts regularly intensive workshops on Critical Thinking and Leadership Strategies to help organizations improve their bottom line.
Daniel has conducted high impact workshops on Agile/design thinking in customer service and relationship for several organizations including:
- Schneider Electric
- Singapore Chinese Orchestra
- HSBC Bank
- MSIG Insurance