Secrets To Connect With Others: Psychological Methods To Create Bonding & Liking With People
A research on professional success by Stanford reveals this:
“People who are more well-liked in the workplace get BETTER performance reviews than people who worked hard but are less well-liked”.
It is shown that in just about every professional situation, people who can form amiable bonds and relations with others — have an overall easier time at work. Similarly, in fields that involve customer-relations or sales, the ones who bring in more business are those who are well-liked by customers/clients. Which is why – this ability to ‘connect and cause liking in others’… should never be left out. It is a MUST-HAVE professional skill.
Based on the latest and most practical discoveries of human behaviors, this course — Secrets To Connect With Others: “Psychological Methods To Create Bonding & Liking With People” exposes the new psychological skills to progress faster in your career — by forming more connective relationships & increased likability with key people in your profession (including relationships with co-workers, bosses/superiors and customers/clients/suppliers/vendors).
- How liking and fondness can quickly be established between you and another person (even if the two of you have different personalities/backgrounds or have nothing in common)
- Real-world cases of how ‘the feeling of trust’ is activated in others within the first few minutes (plus: the scientific strategy that enables this quick creation of trust to happen)
- Why the usual ways of trying to please others (or bootlicking/curry favor) will backfire… and what one should do instead to create liking in others
- The difference between ‘surface conversations’ and ‘connective conversations’ (The second type of conversation creates bonds & closeness between people – Plus: Examples of ‘connective conversations’ you can readily use in and outside of the workplace)
- Scientifically-discovered secrets of people who are well-liked by others (learn what they did to become so warmly received by others)
- How to have people be highly agreeable when you ask them for a favor (plus 3 elements that will further enhance their willingness to say yes)
- The reverse-psychology secret of converting a hostile person at the workplace into becoming friendly towards you
- The type of words to use that will encourage others to be more warm and pleasant towards you (can be used when communicating face-to-face with the person or over text/email)
- Reason why some attempts to create goodwill with others go unappreciated (and how to ensure goodwill is built in a way that the other person will appreciate)
- A subtle-but-effective thing to do early in an interaction that will cause others to feel you are someone they can genuinely trust
Module: How Liking Happens
- What makes people like another person
- Like spillover effect
- The Pfeffer research
Module: Create Bond In The First Few Minutes
- The bond-forming handshake
- Clinton’s bonding secret
- Exuding confidence
Module: Triggering Trust
- Create trust with others of different background
- The brain’s perceptual trust effect
Module: Connective Conversations
- Surface conversations
- Conversations that connect
- Uncover what’s meaningful to the other person
Module: Deep Listening
- Expressions when listening to others
- Increase agreeability
Module: Words That Encourage Warmth
- Intensity tuning
- Dissolve conflicts
- Turn hostile party into friendly party
Who Should Attend?
- Managers At Any Level
- Professionals & Executives
- Sales, Marketing Teams & Supervisors
- Service Executives
- Business Development Staff
- Entrepreneurs/Business Owners
- Purchasing Staff
- Customer & Client/Liaison/External Communications/PR Staff
- Anyone who wants to increase their communicative bonding skills
“What I like about Tylus’ workshop is that the way he teaches is in point form, it’s very systematic compared to other workshops I attended. Most other workshops give you a big picture but they don’t show the step by step how it is done. And for Tylus, he gives you a step by step of how it can be done and it is very practical.” – Bellum Tan (CEO Richdad Asia)
“Well worth the time and money, can see the whole course has a lot of heart poured into it. Good value and I rarely say that.” – Choon Hock (Sales Consultant, Formor Asia Pacific)
“Tylus is an engaging trainer and the uninhibited writing at the start is really a new topic and very hands-on and engaging” – Zi Jun (Assistant Manager, IMDA)
Master Trainer: Mr Tylus Lim
Tylus has advised and helped sharpened the marketing and sales campaigns/materials for companies spanning over 30 different industries. He has guided companies’ sales teams, SMEs and major corporations in uncovering hidden opportunities and breakthrough ideas, that result in significant increase of their bottom line, business revenues and profitability.
An obsessed marketing enthusiast, Tylus spent over 15 years learning, real-life testing and applying just about every marketing method and idea known to man. These vast experiences had in turn helped to uncover what truly and repeatedly works in sales & marketing.
Tylus is also an entrepreneur and founder of various businesses. He oversees the people and management of his businesses by actively applying productivity and work-optimizing strategies to generate growth and profitability. From that experience, as well as joint-venturing/connecting with a diverse variety of people from different industries, he has identified patterns that can limit or plateau professional and personal growth, as well as patterns that can substantially maximize one’s potential to bring in optimal personal success as well as professional success in one’s career.
Tylus incorporates these success concepts and real-life examples into his trainings. Many clients who attended the training have acknowledge that they are glad to be the ones learning the strategies, and hope their competition never will. In the writing aspect, Tylus’s written materials include proposals (that brought in closed deals), over 450 newsletters and salesletters, books for 2 different industries and numerous successful marketing pieces. Base on this vast writing experience, he trains personal and professional clients a step by step ‘recipe’ to write pieces of materials that connect with and persuade the parties they wish to influence.
A partial list of Tylus’s clienteles include Singapore Armed Forces, People’s Association, Rotaract Club of Singapore, SAFRA, Nanyang Polytechnic, Star Cruises, MCYS etc. He also conducts in-house training for corporations, hospitality and service industries, large and small organizations, associations and statutory boards.