Colored Brain Communication: The Super Effective Way to Drive, Motivate & Inspire Your Team
The Scientifically Proven Way to Discover and Unlock You and Your Team’s Hidden “Colored Brain”
Learn How to Build an Environment of Success for Everyone
Have you ever explained something clearly, yet your team do not seem to understand you? Have you wondered why the same information is often interpreted differently by different colleagues?
If you are leading a team or have people work under you, would you be interested to find out how you can use “colored brain” communication and “emotional drivers” to better manage the individual and as well as the team working relationship?
Don’t make the kinds of mistakes that drain the energy from the members of your team. Instead, fire them up!
What is Colored Brain Communication?
Do we know that the outcome of our behaviour boils down to our genetic brain color? Different brain colors will look at the world though their own colored lenses, and dictates the way each act, reacts, analyses and problem solving. Accredited and Proven by the American Institute of Business Psychology, The Colored Brain Communication and the Directive Communication “Emotional Drivers” are used by thousands of business leaders.
Working On Finding You And Your Teams “Hidden Colored Brain and Emotional Driver”
When we uncover our strongest/top drivers, we will be able to know why we made certain past decisions or will likely continue to make certain decisions or have certain challenges in the future. It also enables us to understand whether we are in the right job or the types of jobs that will best fulfill our emotional drivers.
By communicating effectively and clearly with them through the powerful “Colored Brain” communication, you will be able to combine the energy, knowledge, and skills of a motivated group of people, then you and your team can accomplish anything you set your minds to
A Fun And Rewarding Learning Journey
One key benefits of this highly rewarding workshop is the use of the colored brain communication inventory (CBCI) Toolkit, colored brain cards and other trademarked tools where you are immersed in the entire learning system. Group games, activities, videos and psychological strategies will be used to make sure the learning is embedded in the consciousness and long term memory, as you explore ways to better communicate and work with others at work.
By joining this fun, impactful and enriching workshop, you will:
- Learn the foundation of “colored brain” communication and “emotional drivers”
- Identify your brain color and other people’s colored brain type
- Understand how to prevent misunderstandings and conflicts when working across different “colored brains”
- Develop improved communication strategies to communicate, influence and work with people of different brain colors
- Identify your top 3 “emotional drivers” that motivate you
- Be able to apply knowledge of “emotional drivers” to manage expectations and conversations at work
Bonus gift: You will be getting a profiling tool to access how your brain genetically processes information, resulting in your action and communication preferences. It also discloses which of the color brain you tend to have more difficulties working with.
Approaching Brilliant Communication
- Understanding the importance of effective communication for team engagement and productivity
- Recognise psychological barriers which affect effective team communication e.g.: communication assumptions and perceptions
- Check it out: how do you currently communicate?
- Reflection and debrief
Bring Communication to the Next Level
Tap into the power of “Colored” Brain Communication
- Understand colored brain concept
- Learn the genetic color brain communication style of each brain color (to understand why people do the things they do)
- Understand the focus of each color
- Learn how each color makes decision
Application, Application, Application
- Find out your own genetic brain color through the CBCI (CBCI is the Colored Brain Communication Inventory)
- Apply understanding of colored brain concept to analyse your brain color through “colored brain cards”
Looking Through “Different Colored “Lenses
- Activity: Look through colored lenses for a deeper understanding of the fears and goals of each brain color & debrief
- Activity: Draw a T-Shirt to see how different colors process information differently
Mastering relationships and working with People of “Different Colored Brains”
- Learn tips and techniques to work effectively and productively with each color brain
- Learn how to prevent potential misunderstandings and pre-empt conflictive issues in the team
- Understand the concept of 8 human Emotional Drivers
- Apply knowledge of Emotional Drivers to analyse and rank your top Emotional Drivers
- Be aware and understand how the drivers work to influence our decisions and others in the team
Building an Environment of Success for Everyone
- Group Activity: Avoiding a “Silo to Hello” to emphasize importance of effective communication, leadership, team collaboration and trust
- Closing Thought: Questions and Decisions about People via “Color Brain” and “Emotional Drivers”
- Individual reflection and takeaways
- Things to improve back in the office – Should, Could, Would
“I have been to many training sessions and this was the most professional presentation I have ever attended. I was very impressed with how the general communication knowledge was translated into usability in the Work Environment. Outstanding combination of technical knowledge and application to day to day life in office and home. The reference materials are very comprehensive and an excellent means of conveying the information. You have a superior approach that is handled in a professional manner. Your program was well organized. The demonstrations are very effective. Great motivation, enthusiasm and confidence from everyone in the training room. Relevant and well presented. After taking this training I plan to share this knowledge with all my colleagues in the Division by giving a presentation on what I have learnt.” – Ismael Vijay Kumar S, Contracts Assistant, Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Qatar
“I have totally enjoyed Celina’s training sessions which get the message across in unique ways. As a pragmatic professional, I find Celina’s training program absolutely well structured, easy to grasp, practical yet impactful with personal stories and inspiring video choices. I also brought home concrete ways in which I can instantly apply effective communication and branding skills in developing my career, and in the new way I now communicate and interact with others. Your session was very empowering, you are definitely a people transformer and many of your words sparked new thoughts and ideas in my mind for future projects, some of which I later discussed with you. Thank you, Celina.” – Anna Rashevskaya, Legal consultant, Architectural bureau Prospect, St. Petersburg, Russia
Profiling and Communication Expert: Ms. Celina Anne Gan
Over 25 years of working in Asia and Europe, Celina Gan has accumulated a vast experience and know-how in working, training and coaching participants from different cultures, work backgrounds and across languages. Celina trains in Europe, Middle East and Asia, working with leading MNCs, the civil service and educational institutions Her substantive work, consulting and training experience across the Asian and European continent with leading MNCs, the civil and educational sectors have deepened her understanding of the many challenges faced by different entities, leaders and individuals in an ever-changing environment.
Celina is very passionate about training. Her style of training engages participants in practical sessions with personable examples, humour and hands-on activities for instant understanding and applicability. Celina’s motto is: “Stretch your Comfort Zone; Expand your Boundaries; and Enable Transitions to Take Place”. Celina has received many positive testimonials from programmes and workshops she has conducted in different countries.
Her extensive list of corporate clients includes: the Prime Minister’s Office; Singapore Ministry of Education; Commercial Affairs Department; The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants; MDIS; Securities Industry Development Corporation; Singapore Kindness Movement; Sports SG; Gardens by the Bay; Land Transport Authority; Intel; Dell; Accenture; Agilent; Venture Electronics, Schneider Electric; Nestle; Regent’s University, London; Singapore Polytechnic; NAFA; Singapore Institute of Technology; The Muslim Coverts Association of Singapore; The Royal Air Force Clinic UK; Wycombe General Hospital UK; Qatar as, Qatar, etc.