Chinese Strategic Thinking: How Effective Leaders Drive Change, Break New Grounds, Deliver Results and Grow their Business (2 Day Masterclass)
Globalization, technological advances, and cultural changes have opened the door for a new winning formula that combines traditional competition with contemporary strategic thinking. A Successful business are not run by a committee but under the leadership of strong leaders. A Strong leader acts as the brain of an organisation, they are the key decision makers impacting the success of the business. Successful organisations are not run by a committee but under the leadership of strong individuals. This workshop explores the capabilities and qualities that defines leaders and their leadership styles. Which will help to equip business leaders and managers with the knowledge and ability to identify potential candidates within their organisation for suitable leadership roles to promote organisational growth.
Wise Leadership – Timeless Wisdom From The Ancient Chinese
The ancient Chinese philosophers and thinkers fully subscribed to the importance of good leadership especially the wisdom of a ruler or leader. All the ancient philosophers reviewed extensively discussed the wisdom of a wise ruler and they believed that a good leader is built on a foundation of moral authority as well as in the setting of a virtuous example for his subordinates to follow.
Wisdom is an integration of intelligence with experience and an integration of science and philosophy. Wisdom comes from living, from making mistakes, from listening to others, and learning from others. This concept of ‘leadership by wisdom’ is highly relevant to today’s leadership study and development. The wisdom of a leader should embrace the virtues of benevolence and morality with deep insights and creativity in perspective. It is insufficient for a leader to be knowledgeable or intelligent yet far from wise. In today’s context, many leaders at organizational, national and international levels are grossly lacking in the wisdom to lead others. Wisdom is still a deficit in many of our world leaders today.
A 2 Day Masterclass to Determine Which Leadership Fits You Best
Understanding that there is No-One-size fits all cookie cutter leadership model, this 2-day masterclass will explore the leadership style, types and approaches of various Chinese rulers and strategists. We will walk you through the various leadership styles drawing references from historical leaders of china and will also shed light on the different levels of leadership and their practical impact to your leadership and management style and philosophy. It will also explore the capabilities and qualities that defines leaders and their leadership styles. Which will help to equip business leaders and managers with the knowledge and ability to identify potential candidates within their organisation for suitable leadership roles to promote organisational growth.
This 2 Day Masterclass will provide critical insights to the secret of successful leadership, we will walk leader through the various leadership styles drawing references from historical leaders of china. It will also shed light on the different levels of leadership and their practical applications.
“A word of wisdom from a Sage is far superior than ten years of education.”
- Learn and practice various Chinese classical leadership approaches (humanistic, bureaucratic and naturalistic ways) in leading different types of people, organization and situation
- share and demonstrates how each leadership type achieves success and which leadership approach fits you best.
- Develop a leadership style that suits your unique personality with a forward-thinking mindset
- Gain Global Perspectives and Valuable insights from highly experienced faculty and like-minded peers
- Improve your performance by strengthening your management & leadership skills
- How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action, Manage, lead & coach
- How Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results in turbulence business environment
- Developed Effective Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
- Reframe strategic questions to increase and expand business options and opportunities
- Becoming strategically agile and able to quickly respond to changes, threats and trends
- Direct new energies and time in leading your people to higher level of excellences
- Understand and apply the DNA and Key success factors of a strong or great leader
Who Should Attend
This 2 Day Masterclass is customized for senior executives from organizations with International Business. It enables participants to embark on careers with global responsibilities and leadership. It also provides opportunities to deepen essential skill-sets to navigate, lead and overcome the complexity of overseas markets.
- Business leaders and directors from both public and private sectors
- Academicians and researchers
- Entrepreneurs who wishes to do business in China or with the Chinese community
- Those who has great passion on Chinese classics and philosophies – Confucius, Mencius, Laozi, Zhuangzi, Liezi, Xunzi, Han Feizi, Sunzi and Sun Bin).
- Executives from middle to senior management. Individual or entrepreneurs who wish to conduct business in China or understand and apply leadership philosophies from the ancient Chinese perspective
- Individuals committed to deepening skills in Chinese strategic leadership and internationalization
- Those who seek to broaden and deepen their understandings on the psychology of the Chinese people;
Lead Facilitator: Dr Sheh Seow Wah（佘绍华博士）
Dr Sheh has over 20 years of management consultancy experience at the corporate level. Personally he is lecturing at a few tertiary institutions for more than 20 years, he has been a management trainer all these years in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. Besides, he is the Adjunct Research Fellow for an Australian university supervising doctoral candidates since 2002, he had published over 80-100 articles and journal papers locally and international and he had authored 9 books namely: Chinese Management, Chinese Wisdom on Life and Management, Chinese Leadership, The Natural Way: Lessons from Laozi and Zhuangzi, The Humanistic Way: Lessons from Confucius and Mencius, The Strategic Way: Lessons from the Chinese Strategic Thinkers, The Legalistic Way: Lessons from Xunzi and Han Feizi and Wise Leadership: Timeless Wisdom From the Ancient Chinese.
- The evolution of Chinese culture and why are hundreds of Harvard students studying ancient Chinese philosophies? A brief overview of Chinese history.
- Overview of Chinese philosophy and leadership followed by a brief review of the ancient Chinese ruler-ship or emperor-ship.
- What is leadership from the Chinese perspective? What is wisdom?
- Discussion of Humanistic approach and develop a list of traits:
- Confucian Ethics
- Principle of Humanism
- Human Relationship
- Doctrine of Moderation
- A list of behavioral traits of a great and wise leader
- Discussion of Legalistic approach and develop a list of traits of a bureaucratic and disciplined leader such as:
- Concept of Discipline
- Rules and Regulations
- Organizational Authority and Structure
- Reward and Punishment system
- A list of characteristics of a weak/poor leader will be discussed
- The principles of Naturalism and the development of:
- An altruistic leader;
- A paradoxical leader;
- The Athena doctrine of a leader;
- The law of subtraction; and
- The principle of relative.
- A brief discussion of strategic approach based on the works of Sun Tzu and Sun Bin.
- Discuss a list of characteristics (both capabilities and qualities) that make a great leader.
- How to nurture a great leader through self-cultivation?