Ancient Wisdom to Identifying and Grooming Promotable Managers & Leaders
The Proven Guide to Identifying & Developing (Hipo) High Potential Talent by Ancient Scholar-Official and Historian, Sima Guang
Leveraging on Ancient Chinese Wisdom to Identify, Shape and Groom Future Managers and Leaders
Existing methods of identifying and developing leaders are not working. In 40% of companies, leaders are unprepared to meet the business issues they will face over the next three to five years. High potential employees are an organization’s most important asset. They can produce 2-3 times more than your regular employees. Our ultimate guide will help shed light on common challenges faced by organisations in HiPo identification, 5 strategies to retain HiPo employees and introduces a new axis in HiPo measurement.
What is Comprehensive Mirror to Aid in Government?
“Comprehensive Mirror to Aid in Government,” was a game changer in historiography, transforming the format of Chinese history writing from biographical style to chronological style. It is a collectively compiled historical masterpiece, chief edited by Sima Guang (an outstanding historian, scholar and politician in the Northern Song Dynasty). Sima Guang was not just a historian, a scholar, but also a high-ranking politician with the job of a premier.
A Guide Across China's 16 Dynasties Involving 250 Kings & Thousands of Officers
This is a highly regarded textbook specifically written for grooming crown princes and kings to know how to run the country well and to keep the people happy. It is based on the study of the rise and fall of China’s 16 dynasties over a period of about 1362 years involving 250 kings and thousands of their officers. This ancient teaching will also help you achieve sustainable and growing success, in personal, professional, market and industry leadership.
Its cases are many times more than the research study of today’s business bestsellers and the reports of the leading consulting companies.
Learn How to Successfully Identify and Develop High Potential Employees
This course presents the jewels of the study with corresponding real-life stories. It covers the secrets for success and the pitfalls to avoid, the true meaning of people-first, organization performance framework, talents Management and the winning strategic mindset.
- Lessons from the rise and fall of nations, kings, and leaders
- Winning the heart of people, customers and staff is the key to success
- The Corporate Organization and Performance Framework – People first with strong policies & the right cultures
- The 5 stages of the life cycle of an empire and know how to have sustainable success
- How to know, attract, deploy, motivate, support, and groom talents and succession planning.
- The success of Chinese management style of the Chinese companies like Huawei.
- Learn how to Avoid the 3 Most Common Pitfalls in Managing Your High Potential
- Overview of the Book and the life story of its Author Sima Guang.
- Success Begins with the right Corporate Organization and Performance Framework
- Leadership is about having a shared mission and the management and engagement of people.
- The Chinese Version of David vs Goliath – How the startup Liu Bang defeats the great Xiang Yu
- The 3 Key Qualities of a People’s Leader & the 3 Keys of People Management
Inward Character First – Charity, Wisdom of Discernment, Temptation & Pressure Proof Commitment.
Ruling Outward with use of talents, rewards for integrity, and punishments without excuses.
- The Real Meaning of being People-centered – comparing people with other resources.
- The Principles and Guides for 7 Areas of Talents Management and case studies.
Know, Assign, Support, Develop, Motivate, and Succession.
- The 5 Phases of the Rise & Fall of a Nation and the Lessons for us.
Founding, Maintaining, Declining, Transforming, and Destruction.
- The Winning Strategic Mindset from the stories of the 36-Stratagems.
- Learning the Chinese Management Styles of Huawei Founder. The private enterprise that survives the attack of the U.S. government.
Interactive presentation, demonstration, discussion and workshop exercises.
Who Should Attend?
- Business Leaders, HOD, Professionals with people management responsibilities
- HR Heads and Managers, HR Professionals with previous experience in HR
- Anyone who wants to understand himself better, discover his calling and want to be equipped with the wisdom and mindset to be able to live a fulfilled life without any regrets.
“It is pretty rare to find the courses that he teaches offered elsewhere with other trainers in Singapore or even in the world. The key to maximum engagement in the class is the way you teach – being a subject expert and being open to other people’s opinions – Lim Liat is definitely both. All levels of working professionals in any industry will benefit from his courses.” Caroline Tracy Lee, Manager for Strategic Planning and Policy, AIA
“I am not a Chinese and was thinking that I may have trouble understanding Lim Liat’s courses because his professional background and interest are towards Chinese management philosophies but this is not true. He is effectively bilingual with experience in many industries. Most courses out there are pretty general and do not apply to your work or life so you walk away retaining no new information in the long term but not courses by Lim Liat.” Muhammad Khairul, Staff Officer for Singapore Customs
“This is the type of course that I feel does not only focus on business outcomes, but also on personal outcomes. My time was well-spent indeed. Lim Liat’s courses are suitable for everyone, and I will also ask my staff members to join me for other courses.” Emma Wai, Senior Assistant Director for Corporate Development and Administration, Bureau Design Studio
FOUNDER OF BVOTECH AND CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIST:
Mr. Lim Liat founded a BvOtech (Business value Oriented technology) to help people and businesses to be more successful through synergizing the wisdoms of East and West. The key areas include unified corporate performance management framework, innovation and business model design, creative & visual thinking systems (BVITS), learning and innovative organization, leadership skills and the future of management with Sinology – Chinese classical wisdom such as I-Ching, the philosophies of the Dao School (Lao Zi), Ru School (Confucius), Mo School, Fa School and Sun Zi’s Art of War and more.
Lim consults for start-ups, SMEs, MNCs and GLCs. He has taught for and sat on the advisory boards of Institutes of Higher Learning and investment committees. He has more than 30 years of technology and management experience. A pioneer of Singapore Computer Systems in 1980, Liat contributed to the its listing on the Singapore Exchange, reaching a revenue of about $500 million operating in over 9 countries. He left as Deputy CEO in 2003 to start BvOtech.
Lim was a Public Service Commission Merit and a Commonwealth Scholar. He obtained a Bachelor of Industrial and System engineering (1st Class Honours with Gold Medal) from the National University of Singapore in 1974 and a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada, 1976. He is a joint author of five US Registered Patents in End User Query and Data Modelling.