1 Day Financial Statement Analysis
Understanding the Financial Statements of Business Entities plays a vital role in today's Business World. Companies and its personnel would be able to achieve better results if they understand and interpret the Financial Statements correctly. Analysis of Financial Statements helps Strategic Decision-Making and facilitates to identify the financial strengths and weaknesses of a Business Entity. This Workshop is designed to equip the participants with the skills of understanding and analysing the Financial Statements to discharge their job functions more efficiently.
Key Takeaways- Enhancing Organizational Capability in Uncertain Times
Upon completion of this Workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the different types of Financial Statements
- Understand the complex financial jargons and accounting ratios
- Confidently interpret the Financial Reports to make sound decisions
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of a Business Entity
- Apply the analytical tool to evaluate the performance of a Company
Course Outline: A Step-by-Step Guide to Financial Statements Analysis
- What is accounting?
- Types of Accounts
- Meaning of Debit and Credit
- Rules of Double Entry System
- Steps in Double Entry System
- Trial Balance
- Accounting Terms – Complex Financial Jargons
- Types of Financial Statements
- Statement of Comprehensive Income (Profit & Loss account)
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Cash Flow Statement
- Objectives of Financial Statements
- Users of Financial Statements
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Liquidity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- Investment Ratios
- Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Analysing the Performance of a Company
- Case Studies
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Professionals and Executives who are not working in the field of Accounting & Finance, but they are required to make business decisions using accounting and financial information.
Meet the Trainer: Dr M A KADER
Dr Kader is a Public Accountant registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and a Practising Chartered Accountant of Singapore. He has successfully passed the Professional Examinations of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) in First Attempt. He has a Master’s Degree (majoring in Accountancy) and a Doctorate in Management Studies to his credit.
He is a Practising Member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). He is an Accredited Tax Practitioner approved by the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP). He is a Fellow Member of the Association of International Accountants, UK. He is a Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK and a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) of Australia.
His professional experience and expertise spans more than 30 years in the fields of auditing and assurance, taxation, business advisory, accounting & financial reporting, financial management, company formation, company laws, education & training and management consulting services.
Dr Kader is also an Associate Lecturer in Accounting & Finance for Degree Courses offered by British, American and Australian Universities in Singapore. He has been teaching Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Financial Management in renowned Singapore Educational Institutes since 1994.