In the wake of the Wuhan Virus outbreak, Aventis is actively implementing precautionary measures to mitigate the spread of the virus at our institution. We would like to seek the support and cooperation of our staff, faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees during this outbreak.
Declaration of Travel History
- Staff, faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees are required to declare while signing in if they have visited mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) in the last 14 days.
- Staff, faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees returning from Mainland China are required to take a Leave of Absence (LOA) for a period of 14 days.
- Students and workshop attendees who have been to Mainland China but not within the Hubei province will be required to wear a surgical/N95 mask at all times during the training.
- Staff, faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees are required to conduct a temperature check at our institution.
- Colour-coded stickers will be issued to all. These stickers are to be pasted on the collar/collarbone area at all times. If the sticker is misplaced, a replacement can be obtained from the front desk/reception area.
- Blue stickers will indicate that the person is generally well with no respiratory symptoms including runny nose, stuffy nose, cough, etc
- Yellow stickers will indicate that the person should wear a surgical mask at all times.
- Red stickers will indicate that the person should wear a surgical mask and is required to re-check their temperature after the first break.
- At the start of the class/course, faculty members and workshop trainers should ensure that everyone has completed their temperature check and that they have a coloured sticker on their clothing.
- Should faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees not feel well during the class/course, they may proceed to the front desk/reception area for a temperature check.
- Anyone feeling unwell at our institution may request for a surgical/N95 mask (depending on availability). The mask is to be worn throughout the day. A red sticker will also be issued.
- All staff, faculty members, students, workshop trainers, and workshop attendees are strongly encouraged to use the hand sanitisers located at the front desk/reception area and pantry area, especially before handling food.
Enhanced Rescheduling Policy
- Students and workshop attendees are allowed to reschedule their class/course if they are feeling unwell.
Update from Ministry of Health Singapore
As stated on the website of the Ministry of Health (MOH), recent travellers from the Hubei province pose a higher risk and will be quarantined by the government.
For recent travellers from the Hubei province who are already in Singapore:
- MOH is contacting all recent travellers from the Hubei province who are in Singapore. MOH estimates that about 2,000 such persons have arrived here in the last two weeks, including 1,000 are on short-term visas.
- MOH will assess these travellers and determine the travellers who are at a higher risk and will place them under quarantine
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners on long-term visas will be quarantined at home or other suitable facilities.
- Those on short-term visas will be housed at Government Quarantine Facilities.
Read more at: