Design Principles For Effective Visual Communication
With so many businesses and organisations now operating online, visual communication is now so much more important. There are many types of visual communications out there. The main ones you might see in the workplace are infographics, flow charts, visual reports, presentations, etc. These can look vastly different when used in different industries, but they all use the same visual communication strategies and design principles to accurately present information and create meaning for audiences.
In this one-day visual communication course, you will learn how to be effective with your visual communication by creating impactful and compelling visuals such as flyers, presentation decks, and more. You will also gain powerful insights into visual elements like colour, lines, typography, contrast, etc. By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently create and optimise your designs for effective visual communication.
- Learn Gestalt principles of visual perception
- Learn the 5 things you should know to create content that stands out
- Explore case studies
- Gain hands-on experience in creating your own designs
- Professionals from Media, Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing
- Professionals and individuals who are keen to learn visual communication
- If you do not have a Canva account, please create one (preferably with your Gmail account) prior to the training. You can create your free account – https://bit.ly/canva-sg
- Please use either Chrome or Firefox browser during the training.
- You will need to be able to share your screen via Zoom for the trainer’s design feedback
- Understand how our minds perceive things we see
- Learn and apply design principles that affect our visual perception, this includes colour, balance, lines, typography, contrast, scale and more
- Describe Gestalt principles of visual perception
- Apply Gestalt principles of visual perception to visual communications
- Common visual communication strategies
- Common types of visual communications in the workplace
- Share and discuss visual communications & case studies
- Optimise your designs for effective visual communication
- Create a variety (at least 2 types) of visuals (graphics)
- Visual design and information design
- Design experiments with common types of visual communications in the workplace, i.e. Presentation Decks and more (Bring the visuals you’d like to improve)
- Trainer design feedback & consultation
Digital Marketing Specialist: Charmaine Lee
Charmaine is the Chief Digital Marketing Officer at Sky Digital Agency and Chief Learning Officer at The Good Designers. She specialises in identifying the gaps that help small businesses increase their social media and digital marketing Return on Investment (ROI) and generating more leads for their sales pipelines.
Out of her passion to share her social media and digital marketing knowledge with small business owners and equip them with social and digital marketing strategy, she has developed more than 12 digital marketing curriculums, trained more than 1,200 individuals, and conducted more than 1,950 hours of training for marketers and business owners in the last 5 years alone in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, and Mauritius.
Charmaine is a WSQ ACTA Certified Trainer, and an Associate Adult Educator (AAE) with Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) and does training and mentoring with startups at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Sandbox), Temasek Polytechnic (LaunchPad), and SUTD Venture Building Program (supported by ESG).