Video Editing For Beginners
Video editing is easier than you think. Especially when editing video is more accessible to beginners thanks to the availability of free software. From capturing family memories to taking entire businesses online, more people than ever are looking to get started creating videos. And this is undeniably a great time to do it. Most people have a capable camera already in their pocket. Of course, capturing video is only one piece of the process. Learning how to edit video is also important.
That being said, learning it on your own is like trying to teach yourself how to play tennis. It looks easy but having an experienced instructor certainly helps you understand the basics faster. Learning how to edit video can become a never-ending rabbit hole, with ever more options and approaches to choose from. So for those just starting out, it’s crucial to have a guide or an instructor.
In this one-day course, you will learn the essentials of video editing. By the end of this course, you will be able to turn any footage into a video you’ll be proud of.
In this 1-day course, you will:
- Learn about media assets (videos, audio, and images)
- Learn the essentials of video editing
- Understand the requirements of uploading videos to social media
This course is designed for participants who want to learn the basics of video editing.
- Business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals who want to share videos about their business
- Professionals and individuals who want to use videos to gain visibility on social media
- Trainers, consultants, and educators who wish to edit videos for presentation purposes
Note: You will be using Camtasia by Techsmith. It is necessary that you download the free trial to your laptop for use in class.
Overview of video editing
– Introduction to video editing software (desktop and apps)
– Touring of the video editing software interface
– Introduction to media assets (videos, audio, images)
Creating a project
– Importing media assets (videos, audio, images)
– Organizing media assets based on content
– Understanding the project panel
Essentials of Video Editing
– Using the source monitor and preview
– Navigating the timeline and playhead
– Essential editing commands
– Different export options
– Working with closed captions
– Using sequencing to tell a story
Business & Video Strategist: Melvyn Tan
Melvyn is the founder of Befinity Media, a digital media agency focusing on helping smart businesses accelerate their growth by using videos to dominate search and social. He founded LINE consulting, a boutique strategy advisory firm in Singapore. Leveraging his 14 years of experience as a business strategist, Melvyn and his team formulate strategies to help businesses leverage videos to reach their intended audience.
He’s a highly sought-after trainer and speaker due to his diverse skill set. He is a video evangelist and is LinkedIn’s top video creator in Asia. He is also a growth hacker on Facebook and a vlogger on YouTube. He has spoken at numerous events including LinkedIn local events in Singapore and has conducted training for Institute for Adult Learning, SGH, Centre for Career Excellence, and Citibank
“Melvyn is one of the finest LinkedIn video strategists I’ve met. He has his heart in it. He is passionate about it. He captures people’s attention. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a LinkedIn video strategy.”
Ivan Temelkov, CEO, Razor Sharp Digital
“Melvyn helped to make the first video for me as an Executive Coach. He has a way of helping me feel more comfortable in front of the camera, Melvyn was also accommodating and helpful during the editing phase. I will advise whoever who worked with Melvyn to have at least 1 phone conversations during the editing phase to align the objective of the video and communicate changes.”
Samuel Yeo, Executive Coach
“It has never occurred to me to create informational videos on LinkedIn until I saw Melvyn started doing it last year. His videos were engaging, entertaining and educational. I wanted to do the same but I didn’t know how to. That’s when I decided to approach Melvyn. Through a consultative and hands-on process, Melvyn showed me how to create enthralling videos. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs professional advice on using videos to strategize their business.”